OC'ing 8600GT

Ok,Im Overclocking my 8600GT,On Idle im getting 50c and on load im getting 74c,Is this good or is it to high,or can i go higher?

Stock Clocks are 540/700

Current Clocks are 675/800

Neodude, what I have HEARD is that overheating temps for graphics cards are at the 100c. At least for some of the 8series.

74c is pretty high, if you're going to overclock it you might want to get a better cooler just to make sure you don't fry it.

74c isnt too bad for a gpu, they can withstand over 100c, however i wouldnt go any higher than 74c

I would always get an aftermarket cooler for overclocking. Problem is I am waiting for the 9800X2 and there is not going to be an aftermarket cooler for that for at least a couple weeks/months. But then again I would not need to overclock that beast lol.(yet)

My 8800GT runs at 90c full load and it's pefectly stable. I'm not quite sure of the temps the 8600GT can stand but I would of thought that 74c would give you at least a bit of overclocking headroom.

Neodude something doesn't seem right to me here. The 8600GT XXX is a $100 card and you want to put a $65.00+S.H. GPU fan/heatsink on it. The 9 series Nvidia cards are coming out soon I would say save the $65.00 bucks and put it towards a 8800GT after the 9series makes Nvidia drop their prices.

The gains u will achieve from adding a $65.00 cooler to ur gpu doesn't outweigh the benefits here. cost/performance is pretty bad in this case.

Neodude something doesn't seem right to me here. The 8600GT XXX is a $100 card and you want to put a $65.00+S.H. GPU fan/heatsink on it. The 9 series Nvidia cards are coming out soon I would say save the $65.00 bucks and put it towards a 8800GT after the 9series makes Nvidia drop their prices.

The gains u will achieve from adding a $65.00 cooler to ur gpu doesn't outweigh the benefits here. cost/performance is pretty bad in this case.

Well,First of this isnt the XXX Model,Second,that $65 HSF is In Australian Dollars.

I would always get an aftermarket cooler for overclocking. Problem is I am waiting for the 9800X2 and there is not going to be an aftermarket cooler for that for at least a couple weeks/months. But then again I would not need to overclock that beast lol.(yet)

I want to get one or two of those aswell.

When I had watercooling, I had to get memory heatsinks so it the memory modules wouldn't burn up. Is that the same with GPUs or dot he aftermarket coolers cover the memory as well?

I'd say go up to about 80C on load.

Back
Top Bottom