Should i upgrade to windows vista

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so, since vista SP1 came out and my friend got a copy of windows vista, i was thinking of changing my OS to vista, but not sure if its worth it. My specs are on my sig, and i like to play games on high settings, but not games as high as Crysis. I like to play CoD4 online, and on high settings. I know vista takes a lot of memory, so i was wondering if i change to Vista Ultimate, would i lag if i max out the settings?
P.S. My resolution is 1680 x 1050.
thanks in advance

My advice is to save your money and stick with XP for the moment. The only advantage it would give you with gaming is DX10 support and the performance you'd lose from switching to Vista is not worth it. Even though your PC could handle Vista, it's not worth spending $90 or whatever it is for reduced performance.

Your specs look fine for Vista, run the advisory tool first to see if you have any conflicts on your system, my advice to you would be, check that you can get all the required drivers for your hardware like Camera, scanner, printer etc. as if you have an older version then the chances are you will struggle, I changed to Vista but could not get the drivers for my Epsom scanner and it may be a few years old now but is in mint condition and I'm very happy with it , I personally will not gain anything until I upgrade my scanner or Epsom decide to release an update for Vista.
Look into a bit more before making your decision.

Back
Top Bottom