Hi I really need help!

tbelb

Beta member
Hi my name is tj and I have a problem with the internet network in my house. It seem that no matter what i try I can't get more than two devices in my home to connect to the internet at the same time. I have my computer a family computer and my xbox360. Whenever I try to connect my xbox to xboxlive it won't connect unless I turn off one of the other computers and reset my modem. I tried calling the xbox service hotline but they couldn't figure it out. None of the devices are using the same ip address so thats not it.

Please help!

OK. From what I have read, when using a switch connected to a modem, only one computer or device can connect at a time because the ISP only gives you a single IP. If you want to connect more than one at a time, you'll need a router that will share the IP between your connected devices.

Well only two will go on the internet, not just one. I have three devices trying to connect and only 2/3 will connect at a time.

Hmm. . . Maybe your ISP supplies you with two IPs.

I have an idea, if one of your computers has dual ethernet ports, set it up for internet connection sharing and connect the Xbox 360 to it.

I can't do the connect through my computer trick. How would I go about fixing the other problem you mentioned?

Also when I test my connection on the xbox the ip always fails

Back
Top Bottom