Northbridge temp for asus A8nSLI Deluxe

anonymous08

Beta member
I have the asus a8nsli deluxe dudes. I hated that noisy north bridge chipset bastard fan. So yesterday i ordered the Zalman NB47J heatsink passive cooling.

I put it in and its well kinda hot to touch if u keep ure hand on it. i dont understand on how can i find the temps for the northbridge temperature? Is it called the motherboard temperature? in my bios it shows cpu and motherboard temp and then fan speeds thats pretty much it.

i used speedfan and i get like 7 different temps lol. temp1 temp 2 temp 3 etc

any idea? thanks

northbridge can be the m/board temp, what is it reading??

Doesn't ntune or one of those NVIDIA software releases display northbridge??

i was lookng both at Ntune and everest for temps. both say 27c. ntune says 27c system temperature and everest says 27c for motherboard. when i touch the heatsink on the northbridge its kind warm. as i said i put AS5 and it should decrease the heat alittle i beleive. is 27c really that warm? its like 80f right?
so yea i guess its warm lol

whats the max temp for a northbridge temperature? im just sitting beside it and just alittle worried about if i play a game or keep my pc on overnight that it might catch fire or burn.

i do have a 120mm fan blowing on it alittle. its right behind the haddrive meaning the front panel side. or behind the front panel where the power button is.

so i just want to know whats the max temp for the NB before it melts or does the pc reboot or turn off when it reaches to the max point? THANKS alot.

If you can touch the heatsink, I suppose it's fine.

Obviously, that area will be hotter to the touch than it was previously because there is no fan to blow the hot area away...to a different part of the case.

Heatsinks conduct the heat from the northbridge, so obviously, it's going to get warm. That doesn't mean it's not doing its job. Plus it's a Zalman xD

Back
Top Bottom