Computer Restarts/Freezes

blazing933

Solid State Member
Recently my computer is starting to restart itself, and freeze. When it restarts a blue screen pops up with alot of words on it but i cant read it because its there for a split second. Here are my specs if you need them;

CPU: P4 HT 516 OC'ed 3.4GHZ
GPU: XFX 8600 GTS XXX
PSU: 350W (12V Rail=20V)
RAM: 2x 512 DDR2-533 + 1x DDR2-667 = 2GB Total
Board: MS 7091
CPU Temps: Idle: 61C Load: 75C
GPU Temps: Idle: 64C Load: 85C

Try going into BIOS and disabling the restart on failure option. Then you should be able to read the screen, but it sounds like bsod to me

Are you getting any beep codes/errors? check your ram and graphics card. are you overclocking your card? you may need have made your system unstable.

Have you guys seen his underload CPU temps?! Of course it's turning itself off. The shutoff temp should be around 70c. Please check if your CPU cooler is properly attached. And if it is clear out all the dust from the fans etc.

Have you guys seen his underload CPU temps?! Of course it's turning itself off. The shutoff temp should be around 70c. Please check if your CPU cooler is properly attached. And if it is clear out all the dust from the fans etc.

Crumbs I hadn't looked at his specs, that is rather hot, did you apply thermal paste when you fitted your cpu? this also points to OVER CLOCKING.

Back
Top Bottom