Interest Check: HP a1710n

sccrbrandon47881

In Runtime
What would you guys pay for this computer?
Memory was upgraded to 2GB
Was only used for homework, internet, and WOW
Will be restored to original state via restore disks.

Specs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883107292

My roommate is looking for $400 if possible, not including shipping. He paid around $800 for it Dec. '06. He's real good with all his stuff and its in great shape and still has OEM stickers on it with all the specs listed.

Thats it? Surely more than that. I know used computers aren't always worth as much as when they are new but $250 is under 1/3 of what he paid for it. surely he could get 1/2.

Thats it? Surely more than that. I know used computers aren't always worth as much as when they are new but $250 is under 1/3 of what he paid for it. surely he could get 1/2.

If your saying that he paid $750 for that tell he made a huge wast of money.
If you custom build that exact Computer even with the 2 gb(faster Memory as well) the price would come out to $366. Thats the custom price for that computer so dont expect any more than $366.

If your saying that he paid $750 for that tell he made a huge wast of money.
If you custom build that exact Computer even with the 2 gb(faster Memory as well) the price would come out to $366. Thats the custom price for that computer so dont expect any more than $366.

Why did you need to say that? When you buy a computer it is not a waste of money. Not everybody wants to build a computer. I know the price of the hardware goes down after a little while but just because he paid that and now you could build it for that amount doesn't mean that its not worth what he paid. Its a great computer and well worth what he paid.

prices drop and you have to stay within the market or it will never sell, I have a dual cpu system for sale for 150.00, (paid over 900.00)on ebay just the board, cpus and mem go for 199.00

well it seems pointless to sell anything on here because everybody looks up the individual pieces that make up the computer instead of what its worth to you. i'll just let him keep selling it to normal people that need it. thanks guys.

well it seems pointless to sell anything on here because everybody looks up the individual pieces that make up the computer instead of what its worth to you. i'll just let him keep selling it to normal people that need it. thanks guys.
Sorry man, thats what it's worth, welcome to the wonderful world of electronics. I just sold a pc on ebay that I paid almost a grand upgrading and I sold it for 485. Don't be expecting a lot for those specs.

Sell it on ebay for that price if you wish.

You can't really expect to sell a prebuilt hp machine on a forum filled with people who would much rather build their own computer.

Sell it to some noob on ebay, just say that you paid 20 grand and another grand for the huge 2 gb and they will give you 600 bucks easily.

Back
Top Bottom