Switch

bLEEb

Baseband Member
This problem has been occurring frequently and I'm hoping I can explain it so you guys will understand.

My laptop is running of the wireless internet in which I am having problems with. It runs fine for the casual IRC, AIM, and internet browsing plus desktop applications involving the internet. I can turn the laptop switch back and forth disabling and enabling my internet. However, when I go into Counter-Strike, a computer game (STEAM); my game lags out and my wireless shuts off.

Heres the tricky part, I have a HP laptop and the switch is on the front. The blue light means it is on and the red means it's off. Even when the internet shows that it's not connected, the switch is turned to the right with the blue light on. I went to the diagnose and repair box on my internet and the solution said to "turn on your wireless key switch." Even when I switch it back in forth to the off and on situation on my laptop it shows the blue light however; my wireless doesn't turn back on until I restart my laptop.

I'm assuming it's just because of the game I'm playing but I would really appreciate a solution if anyone has one or knows what I can do to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advanced,

Brad.

What model HP is it?

This only happens when you are playing games. Have you tried it with any other games other than Counter-Strike, and Steam. These are both produced by Valve. Not that that should have anything to do with it, but it might.

After your laptop loses it wireless connection, have you tried to go to the network connections to see what that says. Or have you tried to ping anything, like your gateway, or www.google.com?

Thank you for responding but yes I have tried my network options. It tells me to turn my switch on even though it is fully to the right with the blue light on. I wouldn't know if it does the same for any other game seeing as I don't play anything other than CS.

The model is a HP Pavilion dv2000.

Thanks.

I looked up some support for your laptop on HP.com, and found a couple of things. Here is the link to the website that has some ideas:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...=us&dlc=en&product=1817074&rule=45219&lang=en

I would start with Method 4. This has you disconnect any and all computer that are connected to your network. Then try playing the game in your case, and see if there is still lag.

If there is then they recommend that you test you modem and router, I don't think that they are the problem, but there is always a chance. All they have you do is do a power cycle, I don't know if you have tried that or not. You also might want to try to upgrade your routers firmware, just to stay up to date.

Hope this helps. If not post back and I will see what I can to for you.

Cheers!

Thank you wmorri, when I have time I'll be sure to try this out. Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom