Quick question about COD4

Fisher

Fully Optimized
i want to unistall COD4 to make space for another game but i was wondering if i did would i lose my profile with everything on or is it stored on a main server like BF2? or both maybe?

It is probably stored on the COD side of things. Your profile and profile information is kept server side, (meaning not on your computer), probably one reason being to prevent tampering. You should not lose your account by uninstalling cod4

NO NO NO!!!! YOUR PROFILE IS IN COD4!!! hope you didnt uninstall yet, its not stored on a server, it is stored in your cod4 folder...

Yeah, I don't think the server would keep something like that. It's usually kept with the game.

Yeah, I don't think the server would keep something like that. It's usually kept with the game.

bf2 keeps it on the server, but for w/e reason cod4 doesnt

if you havent uninstalled it yet, ill show you what to do to keep your profile, its really easy

no i havnt uninstalled yet so if you could show me bullzi that would be great

no i havnt uninstalled yet so if you could show me bullzi that would be great

no problemo, alright

1st- open up my computer, and go into program files, open up the activision folder, and then open the COD4 folder
2nd- locate and open the "players" folder, then open "profiles"
3rd- now you will see a folder named whatever your profile is, simply copy this folder to a safe location for the uninstall
4th- once you reinstall, simply copy this folder back into the profile folder

In COD2 it was under your profile in documents and settings but I'm not sure if its different for COD4

Back
Top Bottom