wisdom teeth

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
has anyone had it taken out. if one of you did, please tell me all about it and what they do. im gettign them out this spring and kind of nervous...

Well, if they put you to sleep, it's smooth sailing other than waking up with a sore mouth.

But if they just do a local, my prayers go with you.
thud.gif

I just had my bottom left wisdom tooth taken out cause of an infection underneath my gum. All they gave me was novocaine, but I took two valium before the procedure to be less anxious. It wasn't bad at all. The only thing that freaked me out was when they cracked my tooth. I actually found it a few weeks ago when I was cleaning up my desk :p

Mine were impacted and so they had to put me out and take them that way. If they do that, it'll be like this....they'll put the needle in your arm, you'll be out and wake up just as they're finishing.

I've also had teeth pulled while still awake, if they do that to you......well.....good luck. Those shots straight into the gums are a killer...:eek:

I'd recommend you suggest they put you out.

if its horizontal then is that worse?
ive been through an extraction while i was awake but those are just the normal teeth. would it be the same feeling as with wisdom teeth?

I had all four of mine taken out 2 summers ago because I didn't have enough room in my mouth and they were coming in upside down. I was put on an IV and knocked out cold. Then they gave me a bottle of Vicodin for the pain. Wasn't bad at all. First day was nothing but soft food. A day after that I was back to normal. Everyone's experience is totally different. Shouldn't have anything to worry about, I just hope you get an IV. If you do start counting and try to remember the number that you pasted out at. I tried but couldn't remember lol.

i have done it with local before but im just afraid if this time is different then last time.

Ive had all four out and at separate times, I was not put to sleep, they are very painful things, if you are having them out then they must be ingrowing or interfering with other teeth, I feel for you I really do, the first one I had out took like 45mins and the next day I looked like I gone a few rounds with Mike Tyson, you will feel the benefits in the long run as having them all out in one go is a bonus, Id have done that given the chance, don't be worried as it will be over in a jiffy as you will be a sleep, just have a bowl ready and some towels as you might bleed for sometime after, you might be lucky and it stop quickly I on the other hand bleed for like 12-14 hours when Ive had a tooth taken out:( anyway I hope it isn't to painful.

Back
Top Bottom