Need some help please!

iamchickenlover

Daemon Poster
i went home this weekend and i tried to turn on my desktop and all the fans started the bios gave one beep all the lights are on and everything but nothing shows up on the moniter they are plugged in and connected to the graphics card and i have tried plugging it into different out lets cause the fans seemed to slow down then speed back up stay steady then slow back down for a second. my specs are
asus lin64 dual socket 1207 motherboard
2 amd fx 72 procsesers
1 8800 gt
4 gigs g.skill 800 mhz ram
2 500 gig samsung spinpoint t hard drives
1 500 gig western digitail hard drive
a tagen 1100 watt power supply
2 dvd drives that i do not know who they are made by
any help would be nice for when i get back home.

with an 1100 watt power supply i cannot leave it on and the power went out like 5 times when i was gone so i can not leave it in standby.

Have you tried the reset button a couple of times? thats how my desktop started playing up, the fans would turn on and hdd started but the monitor never came on, I had to press the reset button sometimes up to five or six times, I changed my graphics card, ram, hdd to no prevail, reformatted loads of times that didn't fix it, in the end I took out all the parts and cleaned them, hoovered out my tower and started switching off the power at he mains switch after shutdown, Ive never had it since in 3months.

Is the monitor on?. and if you unplug the cable running to the computer does your monitor say something. like check cable, or cable unplugged. if it doesn't maybe its something with the monitor.

when i turn the moniters on they say no signal i have tried hitting the reset buttons a couple times would it be good if i tried a different graphics card?
ig i unplug the computer the moniters still show nothing.

There is one thing that fixes many problems and that is resetting the BIOS. Simply remove the battery from your motherboard for about 20 minutes and then put it back in. If you have your motherboard manual then you can change the jumpers to reset it but just taking the battery out is the easiest way.

Dude some guy had the same problem the other day. Make sure the Mobo is not touching the case. That was his problem. Also, unplug everything and then plug back in. Reseat cards etc.

Back
Top Bottom