Wireless question?

dionysus198

Baseband Member
I use my neighbors wireless, my problem is It works fine running windows vista, drops mabye once a day. I'm about 40-50 or so feet from there router, the signal goes through a few walls, and some trees but works fine with vista, stays connected for about a day or so and doesnt drop. When I run xp it drops about every few minutes. I'm running a linksys wireless- B network adapter card and there router is a d-link. What can I do to make it stop dropping so much in xp? Should I switch to a d-link wireless-G network adapter card? would that improve my signal? I just want to use xp seeings how I don't care for vista yet but I can't because it drops way to much and pisses me off. Thanks for the help. :D

Maybe you should get your own router............ ;)

IMHO if the signal is strong enough for Vista and works fine there should be no difference with XP. Are you sure your settings are correct in XP? Drivers updated?

well I have dial up still haha, so i'm not using that shit, plus i don't feel like paying for a better ISP, waist of money when i can just get it for free ;). I don't use my comp a ton but when I do i just use my neighbors wireless, i've been using it for over a year and have always had problems with it under xp, the drivers are updated on both os's and the settings are the same, I just don't get why its not working under xp. I was reading up on the wireless cards and read some things about the wireless g cars being alot better than the b ones, faster, better signal etc so I don't know, I really dont want to waist money on a new card if I don't have too. I don't care much for vista,, explorer crashes randomly etc it's a good os but i like xp better for now. i just wanted to see what anybody else knew about my problem.

How come you first said no............then changed your answer to yes? :cool:

Last edited by dionysus198 : Today at 07:24 PM

Which is it?

You get more help when your honest...........

THIEF!!!

lol I am just playin. If I had a neighbour with an insecure connection I would do the same lol.

Back
Top Bottom