Computer wont boot up

It's definitely NOT a software issue.

Something went wrong with the hardware. Do you have another power supply you can try? Have you made sure all peripherals such as memory, video cards, etc are fully seated.

its all seated. Everything is being powered, fans, interior light all working, I don't think the hdd is powering, im unplugging it right now to try a different outlet on the psu

What power supply do you have? Try booting without the drive.

Hmm. . . You could give resetting the CMOS a shot.

Ouch man. K, I have had horrible advices but this may be my first good one lol. Try switching out pieces with another computer to id the component that is causing the problem. Then, we can move on to figuring out how to fix it.

Wow. Right now, all I can think of is to strip it down to the basics, just memory and video card and see if it boots from there.

If you have another PSU to try, give that a shot.

Also make sure nothing is shorting to the motherboard. Like any unused standoffs, metal from the case, etc.

okay i got it stripped down to just the video, cpu, cpu cooler hooked up, and it's still doing the same thing. What is wrong with this thing, I never had this much trouble with a computer. :(

Back
Top Bottom