EEE PC mod question

Metalwolf

Baseband Member
I have a question about the EEE PC. I am wondering if there is enough room for a standard laptop HD to be placed inside. I am planing to buy a laptop HD and a usb HD adapter. I would use that for the main HD and use the built-in SSD HD for the backup os in case anything happens.

not to get off topic but did anyone say anything about your sig?

cause if they didn't it has to be shortened to 5 lines.

I highly doubt you can fit a standard hdd in there. Everything is very tight and built to fit, you will not be able to install a standard laptop drive

thanks for replying so fast. I didn't know the sig has to be cut down to 5 lines. I'll get to that soon. Well, I guess I will have to wait until I can get my hands onto a EEE PC. As I say when anyone doubts what my friend and I are working on, "We'll find a way!":D

i have an eee pc , i was just on it .
and theres no way even a laptop hdd will fit in there,

the hard drives they use are 4gb ssd(solid state drives)
this is a pic of how small they are.
sandick_flash_drive_32gb_ssd_world_fastest_laptop_hard_disk.jpg

so yer, its not even close

you pay AU$500 , you will get a Internet laptop, dont expect it to do much more then that.

the only bad thing is the 7'' screen is 800x640.
a little annoying somtimes

Hmmm...you know..you probably could fit a compact flash card in there.

There's adapters for em, so you can use it as a HDD.

They're much cheaper than SSD drives..even if they are slower (they're about as fast a 5,400 rpm laptop hdd)

They're even smaller than SSDs:

ad44mide2cf_diagram.gif

16GB for $75: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208337

So you could get 32GB with 2 16GB cards...or 64GB with 2 32GB..if you're willing to spend that much.

guys......laptop hard drives are 2.5 inches. SSD's are 2.5 inches. problem solved.

yes it will fit.

edit: the flash memory could also be soldered to the motherboard

guys......laptop hard drives are 2.5 inches. SSD's are 2.5 inches. problem solved.

yes it will fit.

edit: the flash memory could also be soldered to the motherboard

But not necessarily the same height.

That and look at it this way, On most of the models, the RAM is soldered to the motherboard with no upgrade options. Now that's usually a cheap, easy upgrade where a new HDD isn't. If the easy one is imposible, what are the odds of the harder "upgrade" working?

Back
Top Bottom