wireless gaming

esa193

Fully Optimized
im thinking of putting a wireless card in my desktop
could someone
A: tell me how the download/upload speeds for torrents are vs hardwire
B: how badly does it affect gaming (wireless G btw)
c: if A and B turn out to be good recommend me a wireless card

wired will always be better, but for torrents i always get the same speed as wired. you'd only really notice the difference if you had a blazing fast broadband connection. as for gaming thats naturally going to be worse on wireless, but i have little experience in that department so i cant help you. if you really need to go wireless id do it, its still very reliable from what i hear. if you can get a wireless N router that would be even better

Obviously it will affect your speeds, but not by much.

It really just depends on your preexisting connection, if you buy decent hardware (sorry, not good with networking, so I won't recommend anything) you really shouldn't notice the difference.

torrents will be perfectly finethen. not sure about gaming. i could give advice, but might be a bit inaccurate, and considering im a tiny bit drunk that might affect it a bit aswell :p

My kid downloads torrents and plays games just fine using a wireless G connection.

He's played Battlefield 2142, COD4, WoW, just to name a few, all without a hitch.

I can't tell you what his torrent D/L speeds are like because we have him throttle them back so that the rest of us can have an enjoyable time online. Them things suck up the bandwidth.

haha ya they do suck up a lot of friken bandwidth
i get 1.2 mb/s from my private sites for the most... thats going to be limited im guessing?

if you are gonna do some gaming
i would recommend getting a wireless n router
g gets good speeds, but at longer distances, it
loses lots of packets
so...
if you are doing long distance internet = n
short distance (save money) = g
about anything from linksys is good

Back
Top Bottom