School Shootings

As much as I would like to agree with you as well, I suffer from depression myself. However, I take my medications daily and don't skip. That is why it was first on my list. :p But as long as people at least follow the serious ones and keep up with their doctor appointments and take their medications, the doctors can diagnose any problems and most times can keep this problems under control.

so that's your answer? Take your meds and be happy? Happy in that perfectly false sort of way? Surely you must get tired of depending on a bottle of pills to prevent you from falling off the edge into complete depression.

so that's your answer? Take your meds and be happy? Happy in that perfectly false sort of way? Surely you must get tired of depending on a bottle of pills to prevent you from falling off the edge into complete depression.

I do get tired of taking medications, but the way I see it, I go to these doctors for a reason. They went through several years of schooling; the one I go to has both a PhD and an MD. So I listen to what they have to say. Yes, they prescribe pills, I take the pills, and I keep a level head. I am a strong believer in taking psychriatric medications, and these shootings should be a prime example. The shooter at the University of Northern Illinois (or whatever the hell it is) stopped taking his medications, thus provoking his decision to kill these innocent lives. I see a trend with all these school shootings, plus other crimes, such as domestic disputes, and even crimes such as rape, can be onset with the discontinuance of an individual's medications. I have been there, and done that, when I discontinued mine all of a sudden. I know the effects these medications have in order to keep your mind from going bonkers. That is why I stay on mine.

The way I see it, it is like the vision restriction on my driver's license. Yeah, I hate relying on wearing glasses constantly, but you don't see me going around without my glasses just because I hate wearing glasses. (The analogy I am presenting is the state of mind of this comparison, plus I can't see worth a damn!!!)

I do get tired of taking medications, but the way I see it, I go to these doctors for a reason. They went through several years of schooling; the one I go to has both a PhD and an MD. So I listen to what they have to say. Yes, they prescribe pills, I take the pills, and I keep a level head. I am a strong believer in taking psychriatric medications, and these shootings should be a prime example. The shooter at the University of Northern Illinois (or whatever the hell it is) stopped taking his medications, thus provoking his decision to kill these innocent lives. I see a trend with all these school shootings, plus other crimes, such as domestic disputes, and even crimes such as rape, can be onset with the discontinuance of an individual's medications. I have been there, and done that, when I discontinued mine all of a sudden. I know the effects these medications have in order to keep your mind from going bonkers. That is why I stay on mine.

The way I see it, it is like the vision restriction on my driver's license. Yeah, I hate relying on wearing glasses constantly, but you don't see me going around without my glasses just because I hate wearing glasses. (The analogy I am presenting is the state of mind of this comparison, plus I can't see worth a damn!!!)

everything you've said is perfectly fine and I respect your decisions to keep a level head. But the truth is, there are people who refuse to "wear their glasses" because they simply don't like wearing them. So all I am saying is that medications sometimes provide only temporary relief for some people and for that reason I believe society needs to seriously take a look at the alternatives starting by asking how it is that these people get to the point where they need to start taking pills to counter the onset of depression?

As much as I would like to agree with what you've said and wish it were that simple for people, I think you need to rethink things yourself. Until you have experienced depression in its most extreme form on your own then you have no right to tell other people how to handle it. Something like 20% of teens suffer from depression at some point in their lives before reaching adulthood. In severe cases of depression feelings of hate and rage can consume an individual and lead them to act on their negative thoughts either by hurting themselves or hurting others. It's not about their neglect to consider the impact that killing has on the lives of other people. It's a simple blindness by the hate and blame they place on the world around them. It's a crime of passion to end the pain they feel. Human emotion is a sensitive subject in us all and sometimes it becomes difficult to control.

Some how, I don't think that tactics such as increasing security in public places or attacking gun laws is the answer here. There is a source of these shootings that goes much deeper than problems in those areas.

+1 rep.

I've suffered depression for a few years now, gone through a couple different medications but now stuck with my current one for a fair while and each has their own unique side effects. Alcohol abuse can affect people using anti-depressants in different ways, the most obvious for me was I noticed I can possibly be drunk after 3 beers now...

Some people don't understand that anti-depressants aren't a solution, it's just to assist that chemical inbalance to give yourself something to stand on. Most medications have a delay where I have to take something for a week or maybe even 2 before I notice a difference so when I skip a dose or do something stupid with my sleeping patterns, it's usually about 5 days later I feel like shit.

Just recently after recording with my band, because I was getting 5 hours sleep a couple nights during recording and then once it was finished I went anti social for about 2 weeks staying up all night on the PC and sleeping all day, felt like absolute shit and hardly left the house.

So here's an example situation, say we have a dude taking a small dose of stilnox daily because he's a slight insomniac and he's also taking 150mg of anti-depressants daily. He then drinks all night on a Friday and then Saturday say he tries ecstasy or something like that, this guy is guaranteed to have an extremely severe range of emotions following that drug abuse. I've heard alcohol and medication alone has had very violent effects on the user/abuser let alone anything else, especially when it exaggerates an already hateful situation.

I experienced a dark period in my life in 2006, it was pretty much a dispute with my former best friend who betrayed me and it involved a relationship so that was about the time I dropped out of school and started homeschool (teleconference lessons and homework sent through the mail) because for something like 3 months or so I felt alot of hate and that hate actually kept me going. I know I have anger problems, I was always doing weights fueled by thoughts of revenge and I was probably stronger then than I am now because of that hate.

I confronted him at school and got a good punch in but he purposely sat near a group of teachers so I had about 3-4 restraining me. Afterwards he overdosed on alcohol and I overdosed on anti-depressants and sleeping pills, what a shit day that was.

The only reason it is happening so much more often recently... is because of all the news coverage on each one, glorifying the "go out with a bang" routine and advertising it as an idea to the MILLIONS of troubled teens across the country..

Good, you are right. I edited it. Like my arrest case, that isn't information people over the internet need to know. Please edit your post. Thanks.

I agree. I edited it to keep your pearl harbor files closed for the time being. ;)

I agree. I edited it to keep your pearl harbor files closed for the time being. ;)

Are you trying to imply that you will later on black mail me, you kind hearted, sexy heart-throb? (lol)

Like I said, I don't care about any of the negative opinions of the people on this site. I am an extremely happy and positive person to this date, and the past is the past.

Are you trying to imply that you will later on black mail me, you slimy little piece of sh&t?

Uhh no I am not implying that, Ghost. I am just saying that I edited my post so that everyone didn't see your story you had previously posted, as I don't think it is appropriate for this community. I am agreeing with you. No ill-conceived actions are implied. Sorry for the misunderstanding mate.

Back
Top Bottom