really stupied question

jgro461

Beta member
I am new to the labtop and I am not sure about somethings. First I would like to know what I will need to do the get online at somewhere that has wireless internet like at Barnes and Nobles. Second what do I need to do if I want to use my internet at home for this notbook. I am sorry about the dumb questions, any help would be great thanks.

For XP I know it's Start>Connect to>Wireless Network Connection. Dunno if Vista is setup the same, or what you may have. It will pop up with a window that says "Choose a wireless network." You may have to refresh and it will pop up with all connections in the area. Click one and click connect.

It's not a stupid question, I didn't know how to do it before I got my notebook.

If there is a wireless network in range, it will pop up on the taskbar and then will ask you if you would like to connect to it, click yes and you're all set. A place like barnes and noble will probably require you to enter either a wep key or a username/password, in which case you'll have to ask them for that.

for vista, all you really have to do to connect is to select a little network tray icon on the bottom

see pic

2wdygx0.jpg

select the network, click connect, and ur set

i couldnt live with that many icons , i have 5 ... any more and i would get real angry

i couldnt live with that many icons , i have 5 ... any more and i would get real angry

I normally have 4, except with iTunes, another comes up. Or if I have my U3 flash drive, that adds two, one for Add/Remove Hardware, and one for the U3 program itself. I have no desktop icons either. :p

i keep mine to the minimum i can, which is 4 at the moment, more icons means more crap to load at the startup

Back
Top Bottom