School Shootings

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
What the hell is up with all of these school shootings recently?

I have heard of three so far.. One at North Western University in Illinois, one in Tennessee (don't know what school) and one in California (again, don't know what school).

Now, I'm too occupied with trying to write a trance style song to find a news link for you, but all I know is there is something wrong with these kids now days.

It's hard to believe that someone can walk in to a school and shoot multiple people, injuring them or even killing them. I don't know why. It makes me sick to think about it.

It seems like there is going to be a school shooting every few weeks now. These three happened in really short time together, the one in happened TN first, I think, but I heard about this one from a friend and I saw the CNN "breaking news" bulletin the other night on the IL one. I don't know what to think anymore.

You opinions on this?

I think there will never be a school shooting as bad as the VT one, but this day and age, you never know what can happen.

They called in a threat and shut down our college for the day. But I was at home doing my online classwork. But the voice system called us and let us know what was going on. They threatened another campus earlier in the week. :rolleyes: When will these people grow up and stop killing everybody in a school? :rolleyes: They seriously need to grow a set. My tips to people looking to shoot up a school:

• Stay on your medications
  • Kiss your family at night
  • Think of other people
  • Seek out a therapists help if need be
  • I reiterate, grow a set and STFU
  • Get over my list :rolleyes:

Yeah, they said on the news about the IL one that the kid stopped taking his meds or something like that. I don't know what story to believe.

That is a good list and it is all true. Trust me, it may be harder to sit down and talk to someone about your problems, but you will benefit more from it in the long run. Most of the time, the shooters kill themselves as well. If they would just talk to someone before they shot up their classmates about their problems, there is no reason something couldn't be worked out.

I heard it was 5 in the last week or so. Maybe a little longer. I have no idea where they were besides the Illinois one. It really is sad. These kids have a serious problem.

it doesnt mean its the kids, if the kids have a problem most likely the parents are the ones that raised them wrong or abuse them, it doesnt have anything to do really with the kids, if parents knew their kids well enough and were responsible they could see that their child needed help and they would do so accordingly

tru... tru. seems to be all the rage these days.jks

I guess killing 5 people and turning the gun on yourself is quite the rage. That bullet in the brains isn't an injury, it's a fashion statement. And that coffin can be considered an accessory. :p C'mon people!!!

I guess killing 5 people and turning the gun on yourself is quite the rage. That bullet in the brains isn't an injury, it's a fashion statement. And that coffin can be considered an accessory. :p C'mon people!!!

good point, never thought of it that way :D

They called in a threat and shut down our college for the day. But I was at home doing my online classwork. But the voice system called us and let us know what was going on. They threatened another campus earlier in the week. :rolleyes: When will these people grow up and stop killing everybody in a school? :rolleyes: They seriously need to grow a set. My tips to people looking to shoot up a school:

• Stay on your medications
  • Kiss your family at night
  • Think of other people
  • Seek out a therapists help if need be
  • I reiterate, grow a set and STFU
  • Get over my list :rolleyes:

As much as I would like to agree with what you've said and wish it were that simple for people, I think you need to rethink things yourself. Until you have experienced depression in its most extreme form on your own then you have no right to tell other people how to handle it. Something like 20% of teens suffer from depression at some point in their lives before reaching adulthood. In severe cases of depression feelings of hate and rage can consume an individual and lead them to act on their negative thoughts either by hurting themselves or hurting others. It's not about their neglect to consider the impact that killing has on the lives of other people. It's a simple blindness by the hate and blame they place on the world around them. It's a crime of passion to end the pain they feel. Human emotion is a sensitive subject in us all and sometimes it becomes difficult to control.

Some how, I don't think that tactics such as increasing security in public places or attacking gun laws is the answer here. There is a source of these shootings that goes much deeper than problems in those areas.

As much as I would like to agree with what you've said and wish it were that simple for people, I think you need to rethink things yourself. Until you have experienced depression in its most extreme form on your own then you have no right to tell other people how to handle it. Something like 20% of teens suffer from depression at some point in their lives before reaching adulthood. In severe cases of depression feelings of hate and rage can consume an individual and lead them to act on their negative thoughts either by hurting themselves or hurting others. It's not about their neglect to consider the impact that killing has on the lives of other people. It's a simple blindness by the hate and blame they place on the world around them. It's a crime of passion to end the pain they feel. Human emotion is a sensitive subject in us all and sometimes it becomes difficult to control.

Some how, I don't think that tactics such as increasing security in public places or attacking gun laws is the answer here. There is a source of these shootings that goes much deeper than problems in those areas.

As much as I would like to agree with you as well, I suffer from depression myself. However, I take my medications daily and don't skip. That is why it was first on my list. :p But as long as people at least follow the serious ones and keep up with their doctor appointments and take their medications, the doctors can diagnose any problems and most times can keep this problems under control.

Back
Top Bottom