Quotes from old people who are totally dumbfounded by computers

You want to speak in English? I found that after two years living in France I had a good understanding of the language and I could write very well, I was just a bit lacking in the vocabulary departement. I've now lived here for four years and I think I can safely say I'm now a fluent French speaker.
German is pretty hard as a lot of the sentences are constructed completely differently. I can imagine japanese being extremely difficult to learn considering they don't even have the same alphabet and very different roots to European languages. Good luck with that.
Je veux appendre(?) quoi les gens ici pensent.
Sorry, I didn't quite catch that. English, please?

Lol! Yes. I lack much vocabulary. But because my mother language is Portuguese, derived from Latin like French, I have a really easy time learning it. As far as sentence structure is pretty much an exact replica. Few exceptions. Words also sound very alike which would justify as to why I can read 10x better than I can write. I meant to say I want to see what the people here think of our discussion. But for some reason I used the verb to learn. Like I said, I'm not that great at writing it. More reading. Where do you live at in France?

I live near Limoges.
A lot of my French class mates chose Spanish as it is derived from latin as is French. I've always wanted to know if Portuguese is similar to Spanish or not and can you understand one another? I've always wanted to know the answer to that question.
I meant to say I want to see what the people here think of our discussion
I don't think Jervin's too happy about it.:p

Yes, it's pretty close to Spanish. There is definitely a link as far as communication between the two languages go. Portuguese speaking people can understand Spanish speaking people more than the other way around. If I were to learn Spanish it would probably just be the vocab. When a person knows any language close to Latin such as French, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese, that person can learn any other language with the same characteristics no problem. I would say the best relationship is as follows:

French <> Italian <> Portuguese <> Spanish

I think the premise of starting this thread is very weak & serves little purpose, it's going round in circles getting nowhere, 7 pages & 95 posts, ye gods!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom