Quotes from old people who are totally dumbfounded by computers

this wasn't a French Canadian, it was a woman in Brussels... (so it's just people who can speak french who are rude, nothing to do with nationality!)

I moved away from the 1st line support to second line, (now I've moved away from that too somewhat), but I still get to be on call in the evening sometimes,

that's not so bad, you only ever get called when things have gone really wrong and 1st line can't deal with it, and in the middle of the night you get to talk to some cheery Australians and such, good fun...

(I do actually like working in computer support, though am glad to be moved away from 1st line desktop support to where I am now)

Just found out the guy I built a PC for before now wants an upgrade. It's an old guy, he had the system since about May 2007ish I guess, it's a 700MHz P3 w/ 128 or 256Mb ram, don't remember which, and Windows 2000. All he does on it is check, receive, and send emails on dialup. Nothing else at all last I knew. He hasn't called me about any problems in the past 6 months at least. Now he wants an upgrade? He's been through 3 computers in less than 2 years... A 700MHz P3 is more than sufficient to check emails on a dialup connection... Might as well buy him a brand new system with a Q6600, 4GB of RAM, and a WD Raptor HDD so it will last him the next 10 years...

This is the same guy that has had so many problems with computers before. I would get a call at least twice a month asking for help. Then when I was there fixing it he would constantly ask what I was doing as if he would know what I was talking about when answering him. If I ever did answer, he would ask an explanation for that... This is why I so don't want to build him something new, plus the fact that he doesn't need it.

Just found out the guy I built a PC for before now wants an upgrade. It's an old guy, he had the system since about May 2007ish I guess, it's a 700MHz P3 w/ 128 or 256Mb ram, don't remember which, and Windows 2000. All he does on it is check, receive, and send emails on dialup. Nothing else at all last I knew. He hasn't called me about any problems in the past 6 months at least. Now he wants an upgrade? He's been through 3 computers in less than 2 years... A 700MHz P3 is more than sufficient to check emails on a dialup connection... Might as well buy him a brand new system with a Q6600, 4GB of RAM, and a WD Raptor HDD so it will last him the next 10 years...

This is the same guy that has had so many problems with computers before. I would get a call at least twice a month asking for help. Then when I was there fixing it he would constantly ask what I was doing as if he would know what I was talking about when answering him. If I ever did answer, he would ask an explanation for that... This is why I so don't want to build him something new, plus the fact that he doesn't need it.
Dear god, I'm glad I'm not like that :eek:, I just leave my guy to it, he knows exactly what he's doing, so who am I to query it, that must be very annoying for you, it were me I'd leave him to it, you've got the patience of a saint as they say bro:)

Chouette. Oui, Oui. J'oubliait. Je suis en la classe "Francais 3". J'ai un ami ici, il vien de Paris. Nous parlons francais some days. Lol. Il parle rapide! C'est magnifique.
En faite, quand t'apprends une autre langue, tu crois qu'ils parlent plus vites que nous mais ce n'est pas vrai. Ton copain emploie aussi peut-etre de l'argot ce qui fait c'est plus difficile pour toi de comprendre.
C'est quoi la classe "Francais 3"? Ca fait combien d'annees que t'apprends le Francais? Parce que c'est pas mal ce que t'a ecrits.

En faite, quand t'apprends une autre langue, tu crois qu'ils parlent plus vites que nous mais ce n'est pas vrai. Ton copain emploie aussi peut-etre de l'argot ce qui fait c'est plus difficile pour toi de comprendre.
C'est quoi la classe "Francais 3"? Ca fait combien d'annees que t'apprends le Francais? Parce que c'est pas mal ce que t'a ecrits.

Showoff :rolleyes:

J'etudiait francais pour 2 ans. Oui, je n'ecris pas bien. Mais, je parle autres 2 langue. Je comprende tout que tu dit. I can easily understand everything, but I may not be able to write it. Entaum, falando 2 linguas a mais que voce nao existe razao nenhuma em que voce possa tentar gabar saco velho?

EDIT: French 3 class is the 3rd year of french, but I advanced because I have great understanding of the language. I can read pretty much everything.

Worshipme and JogaBonito, I am just gonna cyber-smack both of you. ;) J/K, LOL. I tried to learn Spanish in my college, and withdrew from the class within two weeks. :eek:

<<<SMACK>>>

troll.gif

J'etudiait francais pour 2 ans. Oui, je n'ecris pas bien. Mais, je parle autres 2 langue. Je comprende tout que tu dit. I can easily understand everything, but I may not be able to write it. Entaum, falando 2 linguas a mais que voce nao existe razao nenhuma em que voce possa tentar gabar saco velho?

EDIT: French 3 class is the 3rd year of french, but I advanced because I have great understanding of the language. I can read pretty much everything.

T'ecris pas mal. Moi, je parle deux langues parfaitement: l'anglais at le francais. Je suis entraine d'apprendre l'Allemand. Je trouve qu'au contraire de ce que beaucoup de gens disent, ce n'est pas du tout comme l'anglais, surtout pas au niveau grammaire, mais mon echange en Allemagne m'a beaucoup aide (mon clavier n'a pas d'accents grave ni aigu). On a passe deux semaines la bas. C'etait super!

T'ecris pas mal. Moi, je parle deux langues parfaitement: l'anglais at le francais. Je suis entraine d'apprendre l'Allemand. Je trouve qu'au contraire de ce que beaucoup de gens disent, ce n'est pas du tout comme l'anglais, surtout pas au niveau grammaire, mais mon echange en Allemagne m'a beaucoup aide (mon clavier n'a pas d'accents grave ni aigu). On a passe deux semaines la bas. C'etait super!

Choutte! Parlons en anglais. Je veux appendre(?) quoi les gens ici pensent. Well, that's pretty cool. Is German easy to learn? I think 1 or 2 years in France would do me well. Then I'd have English, Portuguese, and French. I really want to learn Japanese but there's so many characters that it's ridiculous. Btw, my friend here moved from Paris when he was 10, so your French is far better than his. I'm still learning. I prolly know less than 1% of the words around.

Back
Top Bottom