photoshop help Black/white?

paintballpunk43

Baseband Member
When In photoshop I know how to put a image into black and white using a gradient, but I don't remember how to bring color back to only part of the photo. Can someone please explain how to do this technique or tell me what its called so I can google

an example of what I'm trying to achieve
Image rights to Bob Jones:

"pic removed"

dont you use the masic wand to high light the areas you only want the Black and White effect to effect?

SEELE as of right now I'm not entirely sure this affect is possible for me because I'm using adobe photoshop elements 2.0
I'm not using the wand; I'm applying a gradient of B/W and I can't figure out how to restore coloir to certain areas.

select what u want (wether its with the magic wand or w/e) then go to Image>Adjustments>Black & White

BTW /\ thats in Photoshop CS3

If you make a black and white layer on top, then you can erase bits of that layer to show the colored layer underneath

Can you select by colour?

If so, I'd do that, which would then select parts of the image with that one colour, and then inverse the selection, making the rest black and white

Can you select by colour?

If so, I'd do that, which would then select parts of the image with that one colour, and then inverse the selection, making the rest black and white

I think what you're trying to find is the "Leave Color" effect. Select it and choose what color you would like to "Leave". Hope i helped!

can you please take that picture of my mom of the internet?
that really is my mom
Bob Jones is my dad!
Ty
Sorry

Your best bet is to copy the color image onto a new layer and make that black and white, then you can erase parts of that and the color will show from underneath. Another technique you could use, is make your image black and white, and then use the History Brush to start coloring the photograph. You can select which history state you wanna use by using the history window.

Back
Top Bottom