I just picked up my new toy!

So I was asking about phones this morning. I did some more looking then went impulse buying after reading more about the AT&T tilt. I call down to the local AT&T dealer and find out if they have one. He's like yes there $399. I'm like can you beat $299 online. He said bring a copy in and he would match the online offer.

Well stupid me I didn't realize the $299 was after a rebate so he goes thats the same offer were doing. Looking like a idiot I was still buying it. Sucks I couldn't get it up front but o well.

Several things sold me on the phone but there is one thing that really excites me! You see if you tether this PDA to a computer you have a 5GB month cap were just PDA downloading isn't capped at all. Well I just so happened to find this mobile torrenting program that solves my new wireless bandwidth handicap. If interested you can get it here for Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6.0 LINK So now I can use it for my music/video downloading etc and my computer for gaming and web browsing since its capped at 5GB.

Plan pricing wasn't to bad at all. I just got a basic 450 min plan with roll over, unlimited data and 200 texts for like $75 a month.

But anyways time to start playing with it :D Heres a few pic's sorry there kind of fuzzy. I'll put up a review in a week or 2 after I use it for a bit.

TiltTop.jpg

TiltSide.jpg

looks like a good phone!
with the unlimited data, what speed is it.
i would be tempted to have it constantly on charge downloading

lucky

im still stuck with a 3rd gen SLVR thats falling apart, and the company, MetroPCS (its a local phone thing, we call it Metro POS) is bad also

looks like a good phone!
with the unlimited data, what speed is it.
i would be tempted to have it constantly on charge downloading

Its on there 3G network so speeds are up to 1.8mbps but typically around 400-500ish. Still though assuming I download around say 400Kbps thats 175MB per hour which isn't bad for a phone lol.

Kind of pissed me off I went up to Walmart because I figured there Micro SD cards would be cheaper up there. Well they were out of stock so i'm going to order a 4gb card for it online. Max supported is 32gb for the phone but I don't think I need that much space. Maybe a 8gb card down the road.

Wow those slivers must suck. A few of my friends had them and they hated them. I'll be selling my Razr ;) *hint hint*

lol 400kbs isnt 175mb,
im just testing with my connection . i limited cod4 demo to 400kbs , and its going to be done in 1 hour,

so 1hour a 400kbs is 1.4 GB..... leave on all night and you could use 8 gb per day lol

lol 400kbs isnt 175mb,
im just testing with my connection . i limited cod4 demo to 400kbs , and its going to be done in 1 hour,

so 1hour a 400kbs is 1.4 GB..... leave on all night and you could use 8 gb per day lol

400Kbps = 48.83 kB/s which equals 2929.8kB/s per minute or 2.92Mb which equals 175.2Mb per hour.

You mistake the numbers. 400 kB/s = 3276.8 Kbps overall connection speed not the actual download speed.

IE when you run a speed test and get say 3000Kbps your not downloading 3000kB/s your downloading 366.21 kB/s.

lol , yer sorry bout that .i always get them confused .
stupid mistake

but still you could download a GB a night

lucky

im still stuck with a 3rd gen SLVR thats falling apart, and the company, MetroPCS (its a local phone thing, we call it Metro POS) is bad also

Ohh, I hate MetroPCS with a passion!!! I work in the cell phone department in Wal-Mart and MetroPCS is the biggest provider we get that we switch to other providers. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom