Help me name my new dog! [PICS]

You could give him a name in my grandmothers language of Choctaw:D

-Ofi means "Dog"
-Achukma means "Handsome"
-Osi Hatak means "Little Man", Osi means "Little" so you could substitute Hatak for something else like Nakni (Warrior), Nita (Bear) or Cholah (Fox)
-Lakna Panshi which literally means "Brown Head Hair" but you could change the first word Lakna (Brown) to another color like Homma which is "Red". Which is a good Choctaw name.

In Choctaw culture taking a "Red" name called on the Choctaw to act with honor and courage...red is a name viewed with respect among Choctaws, because having it in your name means that typically your a brave person. Plus having red in your name was kind of a babe magnet haha

I actually like bandit.

And yes, there is something wrong with my head.... My brain is in it :)

Looks like a Ben.

Don't name it buddy just because everyone says so. Buddy is the generic dog name. Everywhere you go, people have a dog named Buddy. You want your dog to have personality, and have a name that you like. Just because a majority of people on this forum say to name it buddy, probly because they can't think of anything else, doesn't mean you have to name it buddy. Name it something real, a real english name. You'll be a lot happier with it, people will respect you more, and you'll - treat the dog more as a friend, rather than an animal.

Besides, when someone asks you, "what's your dog's name?" saying "Buddy" really sounds off - saying a real [human] name, like Joe, really brings the pet to life, and it seems as if he's more attached to you.

I see he likes chew toys.

I wouldn't know what to name him. I really like Ahyoka's idea of a Native American name. You can really come up with some nice names that way. In his thread, he mentioned something like Osi Nita, which according to him means little bear. That would be a nice name.

Back
Top Bottom