Laptop and Video Card problems

TibsBeatAll

Daemon Poster
Just recently bought a ASUS G Series G2K-A1 and it comes preloaded with Windows Vista. As i'm not a big fan of this crappy OS, I was looking to install my old Windows XP Pro.

However, I am having a hard time finding the drivers for this laptop. Does anyone know where i can find the drivers for this notebook?

Also, the laptop comes with an ATI HD 2600. Since this is a Directx 10 card, its not letting me play any of the older games. My specs are 2.2 turion, WINDOWS VISTA, and a HD 2600.

I can't play starcraft or many of the older games. I can play warcraft, but majority of the older games are a no show. Is there some way i can fix this? Any modifications, hacked drivers, or some type of software tweaking i can do to fix this, or am i doomed to live a life without starcraft

its hard to downgrade a computer from vista to xp , because it is built around vista and some of the hardware is made only with vista drivers , i dont think downgrading is a good idea

mabey with some time and patience, and tolerance......dual boot?

or can u even do that with a laptop?

If the manufactuers website doesn't have drivers that say they support XP, than you're kind of screwed. Not only is installing XP on your notebook going to be a real pain in the but because of the SATA drivers that you'll need, it most likely wouldn't have any working aspects. Trust me, I've been there... Vista sucks if you like your old games. I suggest you go on craigslist and get an okay computer for 50 bucks...

Back
Top Bottom