What os??

jaycool1995

Solid State Member
HI

I am stuck as to wat to do. i don't know wherther to get a imac or a pc. i want to play occansional games and alot of media and word prossesing. one of the important things is being able to upgrade. buget=£1500 tops

Go for a PC more choice of software in general and more easier to upgrade, inlay has a mac the one thing I hate about it is the fact that all the hardware is inside the monitor so its a harder to change things where as a PC you can take of the side case and change/replace hardware in a jiffy.

If you could help anymore i am wondering if it is the pc to go with wat one
i have seen the blackbird which looks cool but i need it for a bit of gaming (crysis) and word prossecing and video/music editing.

Another plus with getting a pc is that you can dual boot with OS X or something else if you want. So that way you can have the best of both worlds.

Cheers

Another plus with getting a pc is that you can dual boot with OS X or something else if you want. So that way you can have the best of both worlds.

Cheers

You can dualboot into Mac OS 10 and Windows only if you own a Mac. It's illegal to run Mac OS 10 on a computer not manufactured by Apple.

Go for a PC more choice of software in general and more easier to upgrade, inlay has a mac the one thing I hate about it is the fact that all the hardware is inside the monitor so its a harder to change things where as a PC you can take of the side case and change/replace hardware in a jiffy.

That only applies to the iMac and Macbook line.

You can dualboot into Mac OS 10 and Windows only if you own a Mac. It's illegal to run Mac OS 10 on a computer not manufactured by Apple.

That is true I forgot about that little detail that can cause so much trouble. I wasn't trying to advocate doing anything illegal like that. My bad.

So what does that say for a person that wants to create a whitebox, and the choose to run OS X?

well, if he's talking about playing crysis
then i don't think mac will be a good choice
if you are wanting the simplicity of mac
but also want to use windows
then i would recommend dual-booting
linux and windows if you are willing to learn linux
once you know the basic things about linux
the interface can be just as simple as mac
and becuase installing mac on a non-mac
is illegal, linux should be the best option
for simple video editing and stuff

Back