starting to wonder...

bullzi

Fully Optimized
i just had a minor argument with my dad, started out about him asking me about my laptop on ebay, im really starting to wonder if he has a problem dealing with anger or something, he does this very often, but this is the first time he's called me what he did, i have been legitimately sick the past few days with the flu, read below...

him "when did you decide to put this (laptop) on ebay?"
me "a couple days ago"
him "oh when you were so sick?"
me "so when im sick i cant use the computer?"
him "ok, you wanna get smarta** with me? you get smarta** and your privileges well be gone (did the hand across the throat movement)"
me "i wasnt getting smarta**, i was just asking a question"
him "shut your mouth smarta** i dont want to hear it"
me, i begin to walk off
him "you can go ahead and get smarta** with me if you want, but next time you get a sniffle (referring to me being sick) you wont do anything"
me "ya, i just had a sniffle" (in a sarcastic tone) and i start to walk upstairs
him "a**hole " :(
me "you just called your son an a**hole???, i didnt do anything! i just asked a question!"
him "alright smarta**!!"

so here i am, im not really sure what happened, this happens often whenever anybody asks him a serious question or when his authority is questioned, do you think he has a problem?

Yeah, I think he might be getting a little angry. I can see you were getting defensive as well, but what else can you do. Next time, make sure you are completely innocent, then the day after, you can make him look back when he is in a better mood, and it might not happen so much afterwards.

Just curious, how old are you?

Yeah, I think he might be getting a little angry. I can see you were getting defensive as well, but what else can you do. Next time, make sure you are completely innocent, then the day after, you can make him look back when he is in a better mood, and it might not happen so much afterwards.

Just curious, how old are you?

well thats the thing, tomorrow i can almost bet you he'll apologize, and thats what he does EVERY time he gets mad, the next day he gets all apologetic and acts all innocent, and im tired of that, if he does that tomorrow im just going to tell him that he needs to just stop before exploding, i just dont know how to comprehend a**hole, never heard that... he was in a good mood too, i guess ill see where it goes tomorrow, if it goes bad, i dont know who to talk to, to get it figured out

meh he probably had a bad day. Try not to take it personally. My dad was diagnosed as being bi-polar. I'm not saying your dad is, but i've learned techniques for dealing with anger.

Usually when my father lost his temper at me I just changed to his side of the argument, while passively suggesting my side in a manner as to not further anger him. I didn't really care who was right or wrong, I just wanted to end the argument, (especially knowing he couldn't help it and suffers from a medical condition). Just do the same thing with your dad.

Dad: "You put it up on e-bay when you were sick?!"
You: "You're right I should of been in bed getting rest so I could get better quicker. I guess I just got bored because I hadn't been doing anything all day. Sorry."

Be the bigger man, if its something stupid like this don't bother arguing about it. Only argue back if its something that is really important.

Or you could run away and join the circus and change your name. That'll show him.

meh he probably had a bad day. Try not to take it personally. My dad was diagnosed as being bi-polar. I'm not saying your dad is, but its something you just have to get past.

Usually when my father lost his temper at me I just changed to his side of the argument. I didn't really care who was right or wrong, I just wanted to end the argument, (especially knowing he couldn't help it and suffers from a medical condition). Just do the same thing with your dad.

Dad: "You put it up on e-bay when you were sick"
You: "You're right I should of been in bed getting rest so I could get better quicker. I guess I just got bored of doing nothing. Sorry."

Be passive, usually works. Be the bigger man. Otherwise run away and join the circus and change your name.

he's gotta be, he was in a really good mood today, we just got a new 4runner and he was really happy about it, and my mom was really happy about it

ya i just need to figure out things, having a serious conversation never works with him, no matter what you say if he believes something there is no possible way you can change his mind, no way, he gets all defensive and starts getting all pissed off as he did, even when i ask a simple serious question

i have the same problem with my family.....my dad hid my laptop in his cop car after i got a d in english and after a similer agument. im writing this on my psp, wat ive been reduced 2. only advice is to take it and move on. btw....im 19 in 2months.....cant wait tomove out......and atleast u get a sry the nxt day..,i have never hear my dad apologiz 2 me... even when he was dead wrong

i have the same problem with my family.....my dad hid my laptop in his cop car after i got a d in english and after a similer agument. im writing this on my psp, wat ive been reduced 2. only advice is to take it and move on. btw....im 19 in 2months.....cant wait tomove out

ya, i love my parents, but i really cant stand the tight reigns they keep me on, im in highschool and they only let me out until 11:30 at night during the summer! i could understand that in a big city, but the side of topeka i'm on isnt really the bad part of town, i just cant wait to have freedom and get away from these stupid arguments, there are going to be some changes in the way i raise my kids, my brother was an alcoholic for a while because my dad was so hard on him and was never there for him in highschool, occasionally we have REALLY bad arguments, cant wait till college if he'll still pay for it by then...

If that was the actual dialogue... I'm sorry... but he needs to watch more comedy central.. His sh&t is weeeeeeeeeeak..... AHHAHAHAHAHAHA

But damn.... I recently had my dad punch me in the face, giving me a bloody nose after the whole "arrested thing". We ended up having a bit of a scuffle in their living room and he had me in a reverse arm lock with my face pinned to the ground... he could have easily dislocated my shoulder, broke my collar, snapped my wrist, REVERSED the bending of my elbow and broke all by fingers at the same time if he wanted too... (He knows Aikido, and which is why I also know Aikido, but no where close to as much as he does.)

Had ALOT of yellying and cursing. Was not pleasent...

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? Age kind of matters in a situation like this... (before I can give advice)

If that was the actual dialogue... I'm sorry... but he needs to watch more comedy central.. His sh&t is weeeeeeeeeeak..... AHHAHAHAHAHAHA

But damn.... I recently had my dad punch me in the face, giving me a bloody nose after the whole "arrested thing". We ended up having a bit of a scuffle in their living room and he had me in a reverse arm lock with my face pinned to the ground... he could have easily dislocated my shoulder, broke my collar, snapped my wrist, REVERSED the bending of my elbow and broke all by fingers at the same time if he wanted too... (He knows Aikido, and which is why I also know Aikido, but no where close to as much as he does.)

Had ALOT of yellying and cursing. Was not pleasent...

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? Age kind of matters in a situation like this... (before I can give advice)

that sucks, my bro kinda had a tangle with my dad one time, then he moved out...

im 16

Back
Top Bottom