Problem With DVD Motion Blur

guitardude777

In Runtime
I ripped some DVDs onto my computer and when I play them back on my computer there's a lot of really pixelated blur during parts with a lot of motion. I burned one onto a disc with Nero and it even has blur when played back on my TV. Any idea what the problem is?

If you ripped a DVD that was really compressed to fit on a standard 4.7GB disc you will lose a lot of video quality to make the movie fit on the disc. Some movies fit fine but others require a lot of compression to make it fit on 1 disc.

If the software you have supports removing extras and just recording the movie it may help some on certain movies. If your ripping to DL DVD's you shouldn't have to worry about the movie getting compressed.

The DVD is not compressed whatsoever, it's in it's original form. When I play it on my computer and even my tv there is a bunch of blur during parts with quick motion. I have no idea why it would do this.

Check you are encoding at the right frame rate.

25fps for PAL, 29.7 for NTSC

Also, make sure it is using the right fields interlacing for the region too.

Do you mean check the encoding of the player? I don't really know how to do that. Another thing I forgot to mention is that the motion tearing started happening after a few times of playing it back on my computer.

It tells me the frame rate when I play the DVDs in Nero. When I burn them to I have to make sure that it is set to the right format? NTSC or PAL? Is that the problem?

Can anyone help me out with this?

The problem that I am having is called macroblocking, if that helps at all.

Dude this isn't AIM don't bump your post every 15 minutes and expect help. That will piss people off.

Its very possible you got a bad batch of DVD's. Do you have any other brands you could try ripping the same movie in and see if the problem is still there.

Also were is the source from? Are you copying from DVD to DVD or are you downloading? If your downloading movies from torrents you probally just downloaded a bad rip.

Ah, Macroblocking, will be that protection scheme to stop you copying DVD's, most likely, and if it allows you, the quaility will probably greatly diminish

Back
Top Bottom