Intel price cuts - April 20 2008

q9450 has a locked multi :( only the QX's are unlocked, I was thinking Q9650 myself, should hit 4.0Ghz no worries.

Well the Q9650 is locked as well. I'm guessing they'll have the same multi range as the current Q and E 6000 series. In which case I can't see the overclocking difference to be that dramatic. Kind of like a E6600 clocks almost as high as a E6800.

If I could take the Q9450 to 3.8-3.9Ghz stable vs a Q9650 at 4.0-4.2Ghz stable and save $300 I'd go that route.

Any idea's on the Q9650 pricing?

Most likely I'll wait to see the reviews when there all out to see which chips are the best overclockers.

I have a quick question on overclocking. If you overclock will it decrease CPU life span? I don't know much about over clocking either...i'll research it tonight. I might overclock this dell dimension 4600 (if possible), 4 years old...for 2 reasons...1 i wanna get the hang of it before i try on a new build, 2 this thing is getting kinda slow...

btw its a p4 clocked at 2.79

I have a quick question on overclocking. If you overclock will it decrease CPU life span? I don't know much about over clocking either...i'll research it tonight. I might overclock this dell dimension 4600 (if possible), 4 years old...for 2 reasons...1 i wanna get the hang of it before i try on a new build, 2 this thing is getting kinda slow...

btw its a p4 clocked at 2.79

Yes if your increasing the Vcore it will decrease your lifespan. The better the cooling the better the lifespan though. Thats why everyone gets aftermarket coolers to keep your stuff cool.

See my overclock database in my sig for some peoples results. Not very big yet but hopefully some more people will put there results in.

As for you dell it depends on the board. Since your bios will be locked you'll have to use a windows utility like clock gen and it only supports certain boards. Plus you won't be able to mess with voltages so your overclocking will be quite limited. If your boards supported you may get to 3.00Ghz. Just depends on the chipset.

Ok. Guess I'll talk my friend into overclocking his. He just got a new computer that is dual core...I can't remember but last time we checked it was clocked at 1.6? Idk if that's possible, maybe I just forgot. But maybe he will let me get some practice overclocking his. lol.

It's probably the E2140. They overclock really well as they're just Core 2 Duos with 1MB of L2 Cache.

K. My bday "party" gonna be this weekend, actually on monday that i don't have shcool..I'll just have him bring his machine over.

Back
Top Bottom