windows cannot find system information

intelboi

Baseband Member
ok i went to veiw my system information and it say windows cannot collect information, cannoth access the windows management instrumentation software windows manegement files may be moved or missing.

why is it saying this and how can i fix it

also is there any way i can find all my hardware components so i can check for updates on them

dont know about the first problem but if you click start and up to my computer then right click on it and go down to manage. then a box should pop up on the left hand side find device manager and lcik on it. then you should see a list of all of your hardware. right click on whatever you want and then click on update to update stuff.

ok i went to veiw my system information and it say windows cannot collect information, cannoth access the windows management instrumentation software windows manegement files may be moved or missing.

why is it saying this and how can i fix it

also is there any way i can find all my hardware components so i can check for updates on them
Which os are you running??

Pop your XP disk in your rom drive, cancel auto run.

Go to Start > Run and type in sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and the /, if you don't type it correctly it will not run)

Hit OK

This is Windows file checker it will replace and/or repair corrupt Windows System files.

It may fix your problem, if it doesn't the post back

Back
Top Bottom