yet another infringement on privacy...

im coming to both of your houses tonight and im going to stand in the corner of the room and listen/watch your conversations with whoever. theres nothing you can do about it and its going to happen because of the "off chance" that you may be talking about something that i dont like. i havce no proabable cause to suspect you of anything and youve never meet me before that doesnt matter as im the state and i can do what the hell i like
Ha ha!, I didn't know that David had two houses, are you going to do it in shifts, like an hour in one then run to the other all through the night? lol.

Ah... I'm already uncomfortable on phones without someone listening in too.
I'd give up phones altogether.
I have nervous issues when it comes to phone calls, and answering them, especially.

I absolutely hate giving out my phone number to people, but sadly I have my personal cell on a business card because I didn't want to waste the money on another phone or a prepaid. :(

There's a difference between what you're going to do and what the they're going to do Fisher. What you're going to do will be for no good reason at all. What they're going to do may help catch terrorists.

which is a good reason but now they are saying they dont need a warrant (in effect a reason) to tap in. why should i give up my liberty's in the name of terrorism? why should i lock myself in a cage to safe guard myself by some perceived threat? these laws that bush have brought in is just completely against the american constitution, the foundations on what your country was built on; altho saying that if you really look at it your country was founded by traitors :D what would you americans say if bush decided to get rid of the part of the constitution that says you have the right to bear arms?

i dont see why people have such a problem with this, i really dont, and frankly it makes me mad when people get frustrated about their "privacy" being infringed upon, would you rather have somebody read your harmless email? or have terrorist attacks?? seriously, deal with it, if you're not saying anything bad, dont worry about it

its not that we are trying to hide stuff, its that its implying we are all criminals.

This goes well with the patriot act. What you need to understand is they are only supposed to be doing this if you are truly suspected of being a terrorist, and they already have some kind of probable cause to tap the phones.

This goes well with the patriot act. What you need to understand is they are only supposed to be doing this if you are truly suspected of being a terrorist, and they already have some kind of probable cause to tap the phones.

I agree with you there to some extent.

How widespread is the eavesdropping?

The New York Times estimated that at any one time about 500 people in the US were being monitored. But as the list constantly changes, the total number wiretapped since the project started in 2002 must have risen to thousands.

The starting point was the capture of al-Qaeda operatives and their computers from which phone numbers were extracted. In turn people in contact with these numbers were subject to eavesdropping and so on in a widening circle.

Right there in bold are the people that are getting tapped without warrants. I think they have due cause if your in a known terrorists phone book.

The problem though is this law will end up getting exploited and used for the wrong purposes down the road.

Remember guys the Constitution are not rules there more like guidelines.........

i think thats pretty much it, where will it stop. soon officers wont need warrants to search your home then to me its one more step to a police state

i think thats pretty much it, where will it stop. soon officers wont need warrants to search your home then to me its one more step to a police state
If these firmer steps aren't taken, everybody's lives are at risk including yours, think on that!!

If these firmer steps aren't taken, everybody's lives are at risk including yours, think on that!!

at risk from what? terrorists?

firstly, were taking the word of governmens that terrorist really are a big a threat as we are told they are, and secondly this is exactly what the terrorists aim to do - they are "terrorising" and slowly the countires which were before democracies into police states.

at risk from what? terrorists?

firstly, were taking the word of governmens that terrorist really are a big a threat as we are told they are, and secondly this is exactly what the terrorists aim to do - they are "terrorising" and slowly the countires which were before democracies into police states.
Ha ha, no, not terrorists Bryn, Wales is hardly terrorist ridden is it?, what would thy target, sheep? [lol] no, I mean burglars, thieves, con artists & the like, all of which can become violent you have those there I know for a fact, they exist all over the British Isles as do youths with knives &/or guns.

Back
Top Bottom