Office 7.0 layout

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
I just dl'd the office 7.0 trial to test out the new layout.

At first I despised it. I couldn't understand why microsoft would move everything around and abandon the layout that I had grown so accustomed to over the years.

But after finishing a project in it I found I knew where everything was, and I was able to achieve my tasks more efficently/quicker with the increased display of tools on the screen.

Do you guys like the new 7.0 layout or no?

No i hate it. I will never update my ms office. Since you are already comfortable with it, is there a way to switch ms office 2007 back to a classic view that we all know and love?

i wasnt convinced at first, but after using it for a while you get used to it, and realise that it is a hell of alot better..

I have not yet found a way to convert back to the old design. But as I suggested and the other poster, give it a shot.

Be open minded and try doing an entire project in it, and try not saying to yourself everytime you do something 'This is stupid why did they put this here.'

After about 10 minutes the program is second nature, and you realize the new layout is indeed far superior.

I am in a project management class in college. Something interesting I found is that they have Project 2007, but it is laid out nearly the same as 2003, and doesn't use the ribbons. :confused:

I am in a project management class in college. Something interesting I found is that they have Project 2007, but it is laid out nearly the same as 2003, and doesn't use the ribbons. :confused:

Thats strange you would expect to find the layout change across the board of Microsoft software products. Perhaps different development teams work on each project. I'm sure the new layout will find its ways into future versions.

Anyone else have an opinion on the new layout?

Personally I found it a bit confusing at first. Its just a matter of figuring out the ribbon interface. I've been using the enterprise edition for about 6 months now and I really like the new setup.

It just takes some getting used to. Give it some time and i'm sure you'll get used to it.

I ran the demo when I had Vista RTM installed, at first I found the new layout to be "clunky" and didn't like it, but it was like fungus and grew on you as you used it. I grew to like it.

I'm guessing I'll have to go through it all again when I eventually bite the bullet and upgrade from 2003

EDIT: I had a really dumb question here, is it the same as ms office 2007? That what you guys are talking about? I like this new layout...I can move about quicker.

Back
Top Bottom