Router Issues

Huh no,i need some kinda security,there are around 30 connections in my area that I can pick up all secure,i don't wanna make it easy and pay for someone else's connection!!

Just do not use wep alltogether.
I doubt someone will steal from you anyways

Thats a stupid answer, you must ave some form of protection otherwise once someones found yours its open season.

I still don't see how you cant set up wep yet, you have been into your router, you have gone to encryption and enabled wep, you have chosen your key which usually gives you another 2 or 3 sets as back up, now when you log out your PC should pick up a wireless network, select view all available networks, when you see yours select it then when it ask you for you password and Key PUT IT IN then you should be connected, if it doesn't then you must have mis typed your key, go back and check your encryption key in the router or try another one.

Just do not use wep alltogether.
I doubt someone will steal from you anyways

Hey t4ketwo, tell me the approximate location of where you live, eh, how about within 300 feet or so? I strongly recommend ANYONE to use some sort of security. To not use it is just crazy IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom