Computer Wont Start!

wee493

In Runtime
Today was a normal day. I left my computer on while i went to school. when i came home the screen was black so i moved the mouse to go on, but nothing happened. I turned it off, then it froze at the BIOS. i restarted again nothing, now i cant get anything on the screen. I felt the components and all are cool and working. I have not made any recent modifications. Also i tried resetting the BIOS by removing the battery buy i still don't get anything on the screen, all connections are good and tight. Any suggestions. I Don't think it is the power supply because all the fans are working fine.

I would give it a day or two. I don't like to rush my computer into things. If the problem persists then I'd come back here. And I don't have any idea to what you could do next, I'm not an expert, but like I said, give it sometime.

**NOTE**
First hand experience on this advice I just gave you. My computer was all messed up. Let it stay for about a day. Next day running as if it were brand new.

Was there a power surge in your area recently?

It sounds like a hardware problem, infact I don't see how it could be a software issue if can't boot past BIOS (even after resetting it).

If your computer begins to work again, doesn't mean the faulty hardware has suddently fixed itself.

Thing that could cause your computer to not boot past BIOS:
1. Memory
2. Motherboard
3. CPU
4. Hard-drive

Also, are there any error codes/beeps when you turn the machine on?

well then that would suck.
Just check to make sure all connections are snug, clean dust, and like joga said, let er' sit

I fixed it. I forgot to mention that before i bent one of my CPU pins and i forgot about it. the pin became Re-Bent so i bent it back. I'm expecting it to bend again soon so i'm looking for another Motherboard. Also I just realized don't have a surge protector or a battery backup on my computer, seeing that live in Oklahoma (We get hit with a tornado or thunderstorm about every other day) i think it would be a good idea for me to get one.

Back
Top Bottom