Windows Activation Glitch

Blackaos

Baseband Member
i am having an extremely weird problem. i have a 2 year old pc that i bought with windows xp media center edition 2005 pre-installed and activated. only a week ago, it started asking me to activate windows before i could log in every time i restarted my computer. i would click ok and then it would ask me to activate. i would activate over internet and when it did, it say i have an incorrect product key. i don't know why this happens because the computer was pre-activated and i didn't do anything to my computer when it started happening except played some games. something even more wierd is that 1 in 5 times it boots up without asking me to activate. it is really annoying to have to try restarting my pc until it randomly lets me log in. i hope there is a solution for this.

Its possible i'm afraid that whoever pre-installed your Windows could have put a non-legitimate version on it.

If your sure it isn't though, phone Microsoft who I hope will be able to sort it out, and maybe give you a new key.

chances are its not pirated cuz u bought it from Best buy, just phone M$ anyways and there be able to sort it out, u prolly dont have the receipt or anything do u?

next time you go to avtivate it..choose activate over telephone and ring that number and tell them what is up. They will probably give you a new code to type in.

nevermind
problem solved
booted into safe mode
i had to delete c:\windows\system32\wpa.dpl
and c:\windows\system32\wpabaln.exe
then it somehow reset itself

hmmmmm dunno if that was a good idea. Deleting wpa.dpl removes the current activation.And deleting wpabaln.exe removes the balloon from popping up in your task bar to remind you to activate. While you may think it is fixed because it has stopped prompting you..you will propably find that in 30 days your copy of windows will stop working because it isn't activated. Personally i would have called up miscrosoft to get it done.

Back
Top Bottom