Permanent Banning

Yes they should be PB as they have shown they are a nuisance and irresponsible, if your going to PB someone then let them back in your undermining your MODS, there needs to be control in a forum and we don't need silly kids creating multiple accounts and sending tons of spam that clog up the forum plus its very annoying.

i agree with blackjack.. if someone is PB'd, they should be PB'd, if they are allowed back that just undermines the mods and says to people that they can do what the hell they like, then come grovelling back 2 months later and it will be fine..

Or admitting it. Usually there is no question when they return who they are, and what they intend on doing. However in some cases they come back and help out a lot. Sorry to mention names, but t4ketwo is an example here. I won't deny that we are debating banning him. He was afterall PB'ed, but the good he's done since he created the account does have some weight. Although, if he was smart, he wouldn't have said anything :rolleyes:

so. thats a member that was pb'ed and now cam back and it allowed to stay ?

well i think thats fine, i think some1 above jus sed this,

a permanent ban is to teach a lesson, if they have learned a lesson the p'ban has worked. and therefor the user (depending on circumstances) shud be allowed back,

i suppose it depends if you stick to the rulles 100% or bend then in special circumstances ?

" if a person is arrested for an assault, GBH and put in prison, he may get 5 years, if he is good and shows he learned his lesson, he will be allowed in out in bout 3 years,"

jus another example,

if a girlfreind cheats on you then you disown her, but she shows she is really sorry and it was a mistake or she wasnt thinking clearly, do you eventually let her back ?

A permanent ban is to do that, to permantly ban.
If it was to teach a lesson, you'd give a temp one...

2, yes, but this forum is just that, a forum. If people want to pi** about, they can do it somewhere else.

a permanant ban should be permanant. It takes a fair bit of bad stuff to get Pbed and usually there is a warning or 2 before it happens. So to say they should be given a 2nd chance is rubbish because they have already used up more than one chance by the time they are banned.

a permanant ban should be permanant. It takes a fair bit of bad stuff to get Pbed and usually there is a warning or 2 before it happens. So to say they should be given a 2nd chance is rubbish because they have already used up more than one chance by the time they are banned.

took the words right out of my mouth or off my fingers, whatever but i believe in second chances and to give someone the right to redeem themselves and make mends for thier mistakes but to get PB'ed they probably would of had at least a warning which in retrospect is a second chance so a PB should be a PB. maybe someone should put a vote for this. the mods are really fair and understand on this forum and instead of being balck and white like the law they take into consideration mitigating circumstances around why they should be banned

Good choice of words Fisher. The guy that I work for is a big believer in second chances. It kind of rubs off on you after a while.
Being a mod is a tough job though. Some things you do the forum loves you. Other times the forum makes you out to be the villain. These mods now as a group are some of the best one's I seen. They quietly lurk in the shadows keeping an ever watchful eye on things. When it comes time to take action, for the most part, they move with a swift decisiveness.
If this person of whom you speak has been dealt with in the absolute final manner, then that should be the end of it. His returning to the halls of this forum should only be allowed by the admin, David. That was how it was when I walked these halls...

if a user like george monks or some1 else,

was too come back and be perfectly helpful and nice and had a bit of rep so other useres noticed he was being helpful, and then a mod found out he was an old permanently banned user,

SHOULD THEY REALLY BE BANNED AGAIN ?

i mean in george monks case i think id lean towards yes but say some1 different, say me i did something like completely flamed at some1 for like a week or so, so u p ban me,

then aa month or so later as ive accepted i was punished i come back as a diff user sorry for my actions ?

do u think i would be allowed back or p'ban me again,

1. its PERMANENT for a reason, if u cant do the time dont do the crime,

2. well if they accepted some time out and like this forums enough to change names and are sorry for their actions and promise to be helpful, let them back ?
No contest Mike, the only way with these m*tha f*ckas is to keep bannin' 'em!!

Wow this thread is still going. :rolleyes: To quote myself involving my opinions:

A permaban is a permaban. The moderators shouldn't have to be questioned on if their permaban was justified to really be "permanent". If we start letting people back after we say that they were "permabanned", that IMO would encourage people to do small amounts of misbehaving in the sense that if they get "permabanned", they can come back under a different username and give an apology and expect to be let back in.

Bad idea, IMO. Sorry but just my .02.

I stand by what I say.

Back
Top Bottom