Permanent Banning

ssc456

Fully Optimized
if a user like george monks or some1 else,

was too come back and be perfectly helpful and nice and had a bit of rep so other useres noticed he was being helpful, and then a mod found out he was an old permanently banned user,

SHOULD THEY REALLY BE BANNED AGAIN ?

i mean in george monks case i think id lean towards yes but say some1 different, say me i did something like completely flamed at some1 for like a week or so, so u p ban me,

then aa month or so later as ive accepted i was punished i come back as a diff user sorry for my actions ?

do u think i would be allowed back or p'ban me again,

1. its PERMANENT for a reason, if u cant do the time dont do the crime,

2. well if they accepted some time out and like this forums enough to change names and are sorry for their actions and promise to be helpful, let them back ?

Yes they should be PB as they have shown they are a nuisance and irresponsible, if your going to PB someone then let them back in your undermining your MODS, there needs to be control in a forum and we don't need silly kids creating multiple accounts and sending tons of spam that clog up the forum plus its very annoying.

A permaban is a permaban. The moderators shouldn't have to be questioned on if their permaban was justified to really be "permanent". If we start letting people back after we say that they were "permabanned", that IMO would encourage people to do small amounts of misbehaving in the sense that if they get "permabanned", they can come back under a different username and give an apology and expect to be let back in.

Bad idea, IMO. Sorry but just my .02.

Using George Monks as an example, he has been given more than enough chances and has been told what he is doing wrong and yet he still does the same thing of course he should be banned again.

We cant expect mods to keep giving people chances because its just makes the whole reason of a permanent ban pointless!! Yes its useful for stopping abusive and annoying spammers coming back and causing trouble, but it also servers as a deterant against misbehaving - but its not much of a deterant if whats called a permanent ban is just in fact a temporary one!

if a user like george monks or some1 else,

was too come back and be perfectly helpful and nice and had a bit of rep so other useres noticed he was being helpful, and then a mod found out he was an old permanently banned user,

SHOULD THEY REALLY BE BANNED AGAIN ?

i mean in george monks case i think id lean towards yes but say some1 different, say me i did something like completely flamed at some1 for like a week or so, so u p ban me,

then aa month or so later as ive accepted i was punished i come back as a diff user sorry for my actions ?

do u think i would be allowed back or p'ban me again,

1. its PERMANENT for a reason, if u cant do the time dont do the crime,

2. well if they accepted some time out and like this forums enough to change names and are sorry for their actions and promise to be helpful, let them back ?

If a user has any brains at all, they can come back without any of us figuring out who they really are. The main giveaway for previously banned members coming back is again, is because they come back and act like an idiot.

If a user has any brains at all, they can come back without any of us figuring out who they really are. The main giveaway for previously banned members coming back is again, is because they come back and act like an idiot.

Or admitting it. Usually there is no question when they return who they are, and what they intend on doing. However in some cases they come back and help out a lot. Sorry to mention names, but t4ketwo is an example here. I won't deny that we are debating banning him. He was afterall PB'ed, but the good he's done since he created the account does have some weight. Although, if he was smart, he wouldn't have said anything :rolleyes:

meh. a PB is a PB, but at the end of the day this is a great place and if youve learnt your lesson then i see no harm you coming back. rules are there, but people dont always follow them. thats life. as long as you arnt a d**k about it. then i dont see the problem

If they come back and are obviously helpful and have changed their attitude completly there is no reason as to ban them again. I thought the ban was to teach a lesson, and lesson was taught(excuse my spelling). my 2 centz.

Back
Top Bottom