Help With Boot

chrisdafrizz

In Runtime
Ok guys just looking for soem pointers

im the local nerd on my block so everyone comes to me for computer help

my nieghbors computer has had problems booting up
it gets to windows startup selection screen and freezes on whichever option
i choose to go on ( safe mode, normal ect) she had this happen like 2 months ago i ended up formatting it, it worked till now any suggestions on whats wrong?

HD?

mobo?

No idea what's wrong xD

Do you have the Windows disks available? You could repair the files, without loosing data...and it should work then.

Run an Antivirus see if it picks anything up, has she got an up to date firewall and AV, run windows update to make the computer more secure, if the persists then shut it down, switch it off at the mains then take the side off, check for dust, clean if necessary,paying special attention to the Heatsinc(panels) these get very dusty, another course of action would be to check your system temps, run CPU COOL and see if you have a heat issue, you may need a new PSU. are you getting any blue screens or error beeps?

Run an Antivirus see if it picks anything up, has she got an up to date firewall and AV, run windows update to make the computer more secure, if the persists then shut it down, switch it off at the mains then take the side off, check for dust, clean if necessary,paying special attention to the Heatsinc(panels) these get very dusty, another course of action would be to check your system temps, run CPU COOL and see if you have a heat issue, you may need a new PSU. are you getting any blue screens or error beeps?

Tell me, how exactly do you plan for him to run antivirus/update software if he can't even log into windows?

There is no way dust/overheating could cause such a consistent problem- especially if he fixed it for two months by reformatting.

Tell me, how exactly do you plan for him to run antivirus/update software if he can't even log into windows?

There is no way dust/overheating could cause such a consistent problem- especially if he fixed it for two months by reformatting.

Try safe mode.. reformatting will not fix that problem, if thats what it is as once the heat sinc panels get blocked with dust the CPU overheats.
He should check his ram and his graphics card aswell, Oh and what suggestons are you putting forward sweat F.A.

If he can not get into safe mode then he will have to reformat but that does not answer why it has happend, finding the problem would be the best start which is why I asked if his computer was UP TO DATE.

Back
Top Bottom