I Now hate Micrsoft.

Ok,At the moment i have a cracked version of Windows XP (Because my computer came with Vista,at the time Sp1 wasnt out) and Auto Updates are switched off.Now im not Encouraging Piracy here,as soon as Sp1 RTM is out i will be using Vista (Yes,it is Legal) and getting rid of XP,But from what i just discovered,Microsoft is croaching on our privacy!

I Was checking my email through Outlook express,and as soon as i would hit the 'send/receive' it would Freeze.So i checked my computers logs and i checked the application errors,i was expecting it to be telling me that 'outlook.exe has crashed' but instead of it telling me that outlook.exe had crashed,it said wga.exe had crashed! (If you dont know what WGA is,Click HERE)

I Pressed CRTL-ALT-DEL and low and behold WGA.exe was running as a process! As soon as i ended it,My PC was more responsive and Outlook would finally work properly! How could it get on there when Automatic updates are swited off,i mean,by me switching that off im blatanly telling microsoft i do not want updates,but they forced WGA.exe onto my computer,im not suprised now when i restart my computer i will not be able to log onto XP because it will want me to activate :mad:

Is it just me,Or is this a invasion of privacy???

WGA was introduced because an increasing amount of people weren't buying legal versions of Microsfot Windows.

I hate WGA as much as the next guy, but it isn't like we didn't bring this on to ourselves.

use progam like wintask or (msconfig in command) to stop background program

or maybe use "who lock me" or gipro that can delete it after reboot.

good luck.

So you hate miscrosoft because they are tring to stop you stealing from them?..the nerve of them.

^lol yeah the complete g*ts how dare bill and his gang of thugs do that! cant you just get some WGA remover off the interweb. if you like i could email you the one i have

You can't really blame microsoft if your using a cracked copy. Cracked copys are far more unstable, and they don't behave at all the same as a legal copy.

Ok,At the moment i have a cracked version of Windows XP (Because my computer came with Vista,at the time Sp1 wasnt out) and Auto Updates are switched off.Now im not Encouraging Piracy here,as soon as Sp1 RTM is out i will be using Vista (Yes,it is Legal) and getting rid of XP,But from what i just discovered,Microsoft is croaching on our privacy!

I Was checking my email through Outlook express,and as soon as i would hit the 'send/receive' it would Freeze.So i checked my computers logs and i checked the application errors,i was expecting it to be telling me that 'outlook.exe has crashed' but instead of it telling me that outlook.exe had crashed,it said wga.exe had crashed! (If you dont know what WGA is,Click HERE)

I Pressed CRTL-ALT-DEL and low and behold WGA.exe was running as a process! As soon as i ended it,My PC was more responsive and Outlook would finally work properly! How could it get on there when Automatic updates are swited off,i mean,by me switching that off im blatanly telling microsoft i do not want updates,but they forced WGA.exe onto my computer,im not suprised now when i restart my computer i will not be able to log onto XP because it will want me to activate :mad:

Is it just me,Or is this a invasion of privacy???

Back
Top Bottom