First Web Browser

Ashley1

Baseband Member
I hope this is the right section for this.

So i built my very first web browser today using Visual Basics 2008. Now im very new to all of this program building/coding etc but i am very interested to learn, so i started learning yesterday. I used a nice simple tutorial which helped me build and experiment with visual basics.

I ended up with a VERY basic web browser, but im happy with it.
I plan on updating it over the next couple of months when i learn to add and code a 'Back' and 'Forward' button etc.

Ive added a few screenshots of it in use. :)

mybrowser1bu2.jpg

mybrowser2ay0.jpg

mybrowser4ux4.jpg

Microsoft Visual 2008 Express Edition
(it's the free one im a bit of a cheap a** haha) :p

What is the name of the tutorial that you are using with VB. I would like to learn more about VB and coding for things like web browsers and the like.

Cheers!

I'm going to play around with the browser a bit more tonight to see what else i can do. i will definatly keep you updated with progress :)

This is the tutorial i was using, the best thing is that it is very simple and easy to understand, i hope this helps.

http://www.squidoo.com/buildyourownbrowser

While reading through the site i also found his next project where he is trying to create a 2 browser window it also seems pretty simple to follow so i will also include a link. Ive also just read that he shows you how to create a forward and back button for the browser so i can now add that to my browser :)

http://www.squidoo.com/webbrowser2

So i found out today how to code the 'Back' 'Forward' and also the 'Home' button on my browser so i put them in, followed by the code and it worked!
I made a few adjustments, the colour and the first button says Go instead of Start now.

For thoose of you that are interested the code is very simple for the back button etc

It is simply:
WebBrowser1.GoBack()
WebBrowser1.GoForward()
WebBrowser1.GoHome()

mywebbrowser5qr3.jpg

It's definitely a start. I don't know much about the new versions of Visual Basic, but IMO if you can figure it out, I recommend getting the address text box to show the current address instead of the most recently typed address. I am not sure how to do that though, as all my VB experience is in database-driven applications.

Thank you, i will add that in :)

Update: Ok so the code didn't work for me, i'm not sure why though. So im going to try and figure this out. I will let you know if i do it.

Back
Top Bottom