Ram

How much RAM will windows vista home premium (32 bit) be able to utilize

That should work fine. As to how fast it runs depends on the rest of your system. If you have 3gb's of ram and a slow processor, then the processor will bottleneck it and not allow it to perform to its full capability.

Windows Vista 32-bit will recognize all 3gb's of ram, (probably more like 2.7-2.8 since Windows defines a gig of ram as 1024mb and manufacturers as 1000mb of ram, plus some of the ram is allocated for hardware specifically). So you shouldn't worry about that. And Vista SP1 includes a patch for all the ram to be recognized and its coming out soon.

As for if its compatible or not if you look at your notebook specs on line it should say what kind of ram it uses. IE ddr2 184 pin or whatever. And just make sure that you buy that kind of ram.

EDIT: Just saw your specs. That RAM should work fine. 3gb of ram might be too much and the processor might cause a bottleneck. It's borderline though. If you don't know what a bottleneck is read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottleneck_(engineering)

so 2g is good enough? but it says my laptop is expandable to 4g...so i guess it can handle 3g...??

so 2g is good enough? but it says my laptop is expandable to 4g...so i guess it can handle 3g...??

What it means by that is that you can put a max of 4gigs on it. So, yes you can put 3, but depending on what OS you have and other components not all of the 3gigs will be utilized to its maximum potential as there might be bottlenecking going on like mayorredbeard said.

Back
Top Bottom