should i ditch vista, if so how

immortal143

In Runtime
well i recently got vista for free cuz my friends dad is really high in some of the computer stuff that they do
well im not sure if vista is that good now that i look at it
i kinda want xp back. i know that os inside and out and it has much more programs that use xp only.
what i am afraid of is that they will stop making computer games that are for xp and only make them for vista.
what do you guys think is better, tell me why and if you think xp is better tell me how to downgrade my os to xp please.

There are very few games that run on DX10 right now, XP is a "faster" os for gaming.

If you remove Vista from your pc you can always reinstall it at a later date if you want to (assuming you have the DVD and keycode)

To downgrade just insert your XP disk, delete the Vista partition, recreate the partition, format it to NTFS and install XP, follow the prompts basically.

where will i find the product key? can i find it on my computer?
i did not keep the sheet cuz my friend told me the code

If its from that computer yes It should put your PC back to factory settings.
That's an interesting point, I wonder if it will seeming as the install is now Vista and the original boot.ini has been rewritten by the Vista BCD, only one way to find out I guess.

... you will need to use something like Magic jelly beans that will find your product key http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/prodkey.php
That will give him his current Vista install keycode (if Magic Jellybean does infact work under Vista that is, I don't know if it does or not) not the XP one he requires no??

That's an interesting point, I wonder if it will seeming as the install is now Vista and the original boot.ini has been rewritten by the Vista BCD, only one way to find out I guess.

That will give him his current Vista install keycode (if Magic Jellybean does infact work under Vista that is, I don't know if it does or not) not the XP one he requires no??

Yes your right I was forgetting hes running Vista I was thinking it of getting the XP KEY but it will give him his Vista key, as for the boot sequence if he runs FIXBOOT then FIXMBR I think that should clear the Vista boot sequence.
If he installed Vista from an XP upgrade will the XP key still be hidden there somewhere? Ive only ever done the full Vista installation and have a back up image of XP to restore to.

Back
Top Bottom