I bought a 320 GB External HD.. and it's says compacity 298 GB

Yea, even with little things like my 30 gig zune you dont get the whole 30.. (Cheap bastards) lol nah there right you cant change it. I think they should just advertise what you really get. But what would you do if you were selling them?

well the actual % lost on most HDD sales quote sizes is 7 %
The actual size it is when you format it under windows is 93% of what the hdd manufacturer claims
look 0.93X320=297.6GB

Thanks, I relized how cheap them bastards at Bestbuy try to trick people into buying extra space when its 20 GB lower..

Thanks, I relized how cheap them bastards at Bestbuy try to trick people into buying extra space when its 20 GB lower..

It's not bestbuy. Any hard drive you buy, from any manufacturer, from any store will have that happen.

If you don't believe me, return that drive, and buy the same one off of newegg, I would put my life on the line to say it'll have the same storage space.

well done A true folder, the exact and correct answer... have a cookie... (or a rep point).

well done A true folder, the exact and correct answer... have a cookie... (or a rep point).

Agreed. You can expect any drive (just about) to not be exactly as advertised. Manufacturers use flat terms of 1000, kind of like the Metric system vs what Americans use. So it's never going to be right on.

Back
Top Bottom