FUNNY! Auto show story!!

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, so we took the train down to Chicago, went to the auto show, took the train home. Fun. I'll post pics later, with a different thread. But this thread is for the story...
On the way back to the train station from the show, we are thinking, I dont wanna go home now... Lets go to a movie or something. So we were going to just hop off in woodstock, and we wish we would've now... But we wouldlnt have a had a ride home from there until like an hour and a half after the movie, and its like -10 + a COLD windchill! So we go back to Harvard, and my friend takes us to woodstock... almost...

On 14, we are going about 65, and he has a really small SUV, really low to the ground. And we hit a big pothole, Nasty pothole. And we pull over a little ways down the road, and its a blown tire... So we pull into the first lighted parking lot, which happens to be a bar... And we try to jack it up. Well, there are 4 guys, and 1 girl, she waits in the car, while we freeze our asses off. The jack is a POS, it's -30 with a windchill, we have 2 pairs of gloves between the 4 of us, so yea, it was fun. So we get it jacked up about half way, and notice that the jack is tipping a little bit, so we put it back down and try again. Get it up seems, fine, but just in case, I go to the back and lean on the car, to keep it stable. We get it high enough, pull off the tire, and thats when I hear like a little crack or idk what, and I let off for a second, and BOOM, the car rolls back on the brake caliper... So at this point, we are freezing, the jack is stuck under the car and yeah. So we lift it up about an inch, and pull the jack out. So now there is no way to lift it at all. So the 5 of us go into the bar... Luckily its Sunday night, and no one but 2 guys are there. They offered to help us, so we were lucky. We get out there, and our female friend stays inside, lol, and I lent my gloves off, and so my hands are completely numb. The first thing they told us to do was put on the E-brake....
All of us start lifting, and we try once I didnt get it on. So we switch positions, and one person, the strongest, is lifting on the wheel well, while someone else crawls between his legs and puts the tire on, lol. Wierd position, but we didnt have a choice... So Miguel is lifting on the wheel well while one guy crawls down under... Miguel must have been straining too much, but he couldnt hold down the after effects of the taco bell from lunch, right into this guy we dont knows face... We all started laughing and droped the car again... So finally after 3 more lifts we get the tire on....

It was fun. An hour out in -30 Windchill, and we never made it too Rambo...

So, that's my story. I have rotated tires before, but we had better tools then, and my truck isnt front wheel drive, so when in park we didnt have a problem with rolling. Hopefully his car is ok though. His Rim is defently bent though, tire shot, and the spare looks like a POS with all the other alloys, and it can only handle up too 50MPH.

Haha, it was freezing in Buffalo today too. My girlfriend took me as a surprise, there was some cool stuff there. I like the concept '09 Camaro.

Ok, so we took the train down to Chicago, went to the auto show, took the train home. Fun. I'll post pics later, with a different thread. But this thread is for the story...
On the way back to the train station from the show, we are thinking, I dont wanna go home now... Lets go to a movie or something. So we were going to just hop off in woodstock, and we wish we would've now... But we wouldlnt have a had a ride home from there until like an hour and a half after the movie, and its like -10 + a COLD windchill! So we go back to Harvard, and my friend takes us to woodstock... almost...

On 14, we are going about 65, and he has a really small SUV, really low to the ground. And we hit a big pothole, Nasty pothole. And we pull over a little ways down the road, and its a blown tire... So we pull into the first lighted parking lot, which happens to be a bar... And we try to jack it up. Well, there are 4 guys, and 1 girl, she waits in the car, while we freeze our asses off. The jack is a POS, it's -30 with a windchill, we have 2 pairs of gloves between the 4 of us, so yea, it was fun. So we get it jacked up about half way, and notice that the jack is tipping a little bit, so we put it back down and try again. Get it up seems, fine, but just in case, I go to the back and lean on the car, to keep it stable. We get it high enough, pull off the tire, and thats when I hear like a little crack or idk what, and I let off for a second, and BOOM, the car rolls back on the brake caliper... So at this point, we are freezing, the jack is stuck under the car and yeah. So we lift it up about an inch, and pull the jack out. So now there is no way to lift it at all. So the 5 of us go into the bar... Luckily its Sunday night, and no one but 2 guys are there. They offered to help us, so we were lucky. We get out there, and our female friend stays inside, lol, and I lent my gloves off, and so my hands are completely numb. The first thing they told us to do was put on the E-brake....
All of us start lifting, and we try once I didnt get it on. So we switch positions, and one person, the strongest, is lifting on the wheel well, while someone else crawls between his legs and puts the tire on, lol. Wierd position, but we didnt have a choice... So Miguel is lifting on the wheel well while one guy crawls down under... Miguel must have been straining too much, but he couldnt hold down the after effects of the taco bell from lunch, right into this guy we dont knows face... We all started laughing and droped the car again... So finally after 3 more lifts we get the tire on....

It was fun. An hour out in -30 Windchill, and we never made it too Rambo...

So, that's my story. I have rotated tires before, but we had better tools then, and my truck isnt front wheel drive, so when in park we didnt have a problem with rolling. Hopefully his car is ok though. His Rim is defently bent though, tire shot, and the spare looks like a POS with all the other alloys, and it can only handle up too 50MPH.
lmao.....the jacks that usually come with cars are junk, what kind of suv was it?

Yeah, it was a POS jack. The car was a suzuki Aero I think. Kind of like an SUV thing, lol.

Back
Top Bottom