Quotes from old people who are totally dumbfounded by computers

Yeah, I try to avoid over the phone tech support if possible. The lady originally called because I gave her a CD and she needed help printing something off it (from a PDF file). I've never actually printed a PDF file that I can think of. I just tole her that I'd have to actually be there to really help. I told her that maybe the CD is too slow for the program and it's not responding to printing (I know it was slow when scrolling down the PDF while straight off the CD on my notebook, so I took a guess), so I told her how to put it on the hard drive, the desktop was just easiest to explain to copy it to. I think they got the problem fixed, I dunno if my suggestion helped or not...

On a previous visit he had installed an icon on my screen, If I had a problem I would right-click on it, that would alert him at his repair shop, he'd ring me, then tell me to to shut down, & he'd investigate the problem remotely, that's all I know, but it works:)
can't believe you fall for that..he is on a good wicket...robbing you blind.

I just have one question on that, it he tells you to shut your computer down, how can he investigate the problem remotely then?

can't believe you fall for that..he is on a good wicket...robbing you blind.
Not so, he's been fixing my problems for years, he's trustworthy, & a £20 call-out fee is cheap in the UK it's usually around the £25 - £30 mark, what's it like where you are, if you know?, but I guess you fix things yourself, right?, er, do you trust anybody??

Thanks, and no, I live in America. I might do a couple of Google searches and see if I can't find something that way. :p But ask him anyway, he might have something I can't find. Thanks. :)
I spoke to the guy who runs the shop as you asked me, & he said tell him to google "ultra vnc", I did it to make sure for you, & that's the one right enough!!:) ie;

Remote Support Software incuding download of free desktop tool, & installation.

Very glad I was able to help, maybe Lowdsey's sarcasm was just a little bit premature??

I spoke to the guy who runs the shop as you asked me, & he said tell him to google "ultra vnc", I did it to make sure for you, & that's the one right enough!!:) ie;

Very glad I was able to help, maybe Lowdsey's sarcasm was just a little bit premature??

oo i know what this is. I have something like it but is for my own use at all times i need to access my computer back at home...just go to

Log me in

Ahh, thanks mate! I will look into that and see if it isn't something I can't look into for maybe an hourly rate. ;) Beats driving all over Florida IMO.

Back
Top Bottom