folder password problem

sully654

Baseband Member
i tried to make a folder password protected.. made the folder put the files in right click,properties,sharing and when it has the box and next to it it says " click here to make this folder private" the box is grayed out and so is the print... amking me not able to click it... any one know whats wrong?

Just curious...are you logged in as administrator when you try to access your folder?

and what OS are you using?

I found this for you on THIS site:

In order for this option to work in Microsoft Windows XP home you must meet the below requirements.

1. The hard disk drive must be formatted in NTFS and not FAT32. Additional information about determining the type of file system your hard disk drive is running can be found on document CH000713.
2. The folder you're attempting to encrypt must be in your own personal folder. For example, if your name is bob, you must be encrypting a folder that is or that is contained within the below folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\

You cannot encrypt any folders outside of this folder. If you wish to encrypt outside this folder see the below other security solutions.

Back
Top Bottom