sp1 confusion

ram is dirt cheep dude
u can get 4G of ram for 60 bucks on newegg
i mean if you have to choose 4g and a 8600 or 2g and a 8800 deff the 2g
but with ram so cheep
4g is being the standard

Yeah but its horrible quality RAM. Buy some high quality OCZ ram and then some no-name brand that cost $15 per gig, and you'll see the difference immediately.

2gb is by far not the standard for home usage. 2gb on XP computers is considered a luxury, and on Vista is a relatively powerful system. Most people only use their computers for internet, word processing, viewing pictures, and music. For which 2gb on Vista or XP is overkill if you ask me.

And for the majority of games 2gbs is more than enough. Over which better performance increases would be seen by investing in other components.

For %99 of tasks, (pretty much all excluding playing crysis at high settings and professional video editing), 2gb is plenty.

Yeah but its horrible quality RAM. Buy some high quality OCZ ram and then some no-name brand that cost $15 per gig, and you'll see the difference immediately.

2gb is by far not the standard for home usage. 2gb on XP computers is considered a luxury, and on Vista is a relatively powerful system. Most people only use their computers for internet, word processing, viewing pictures, and music. For which 2gb on Vista or XP is overkill if you ask me.

And for the majority of games 2gbs is more than enough. Over which better performance increases would be seen by investing in other components.

For %99 of tasks, (pretty much all excluding playing crysis at high settings and professional video editing), 2gb is plenty.

What difference are you going to notice with cheap "no name" ram and "high quality OCZ" ram?

Ram is ram, besides speed and timings, its all the same. Also, theirs only a few true RAM manufacturers, OCZ doesn't make their own ram.

i have a Q, when is SP1 coming out?

i havent seen it on windows update yet

or do i have to download it manually

I just ordered 4 gigs of ram yesterday
2 sticsk of 2 gigs of ocz ram
I play crysis a lot so I want more power!
and I am eventually going to be upping my graphcs card to at elast an 8800GT
And I am going to be getting Vista Ultimate for free its going to come with a 32 bit disk and a 64 bit disk I will try ou r 64 bit first,

will crysis work on 64 bit?
will my graphics cards divers work on 64 bit?
I think I will stick mostly to 32 bit....

What difference are you going to notice with cheap "no name" ram and "high quality OCZ" ram?

Ram is ram, besides speed and timings, its all the same. Also, theirs only a few true RAM manufacturers, OCZ doesn't make their own ram.

Thats what I use to think. In my last build I used no-name ram, and had problems booting my computer. Timings I decided I could live with, and they were pretty bad. I ran memtest and got a butload of errors. Sent two sticks out of three back for replacments. One out of those two new ones also had to be sent back. Then I had three working sticks of ram.

Two months later I got a beep code indicating a ram problem. I was going to send it back, but decided to stop this stupid game of sending ram back and getting new ones in the mail; and decided to go with some OCZ ram. It wasn't high-end performance ram. But it had decent timings and a reputable name. Surprisingly I had, and still don't have, any problems with this ram. You get what you pay for; for the most part.

Cheaper ram has more errors, doesn't last as long, and for an extra $10-$15 per gig you get much better quality ram, that in the long run will be worth it.

I think 2 is more than enough for gaming...

Well, not more, but rather sufficient.

ive been seeing laptops and desktops from major company's
with in a good buying price offer 2G of ram
it is currently the standard on most computers
not budget pc

i'm running crysis just fine on 2 gig. could be that i'm using XP but i've never even maxed out 2 gig with photoshop, WMP, 2 sessions on fire fox with 5 tabs each, and some random programs running in the back. with all of that i only managed 1.5.

Um, you KNOW you're not going to see any performance different between cheap ram and expensive ram, right? Providing that they're both running at the same specs, theres absolutely no performance increase/decrease. The only thing you might gain is reliability and the "name-brand" feeling. This coming from a Corsair fan. :D

Um, you KNOW you're not going to see any performance different between cheap ram and expensive ram, right? Providing that they're both running at the same specs, theres absolutely no performance increase/decrease. The only thing you might gain is reliability and the "name-brand" feeling. This coming from a Corsair fan. :D

wot i tend to do is get the cheapest named brand RAM available,

example,

if i was looking for 2Gb DDR2 800 Mhz.

i goto ebuyer, look under 800 Mhz and sort from price low to high, i get this view,

http://www.ebuyer.com/search/?strSe...&intCatID=3&intSubcatUID=2052&bolShowAll=true

first thing i see is the ebuyer value, thats ignored, second is the kingston, seriously considered, but then i see OCZ and corsair with heat spreaders for an extra £3-£5 so then i think, hmmm which brand do i like,

and this case i choose corsair

Back
Top Bottom