Is 8GB too much for you?

XP Pro X64 was a joke... basically a pay-for beta of Vista 64.
Vista 64 SHOULD be better but I haven't used it so I dunno. You can hardly find drivers for XP 64...

Stick with 4 max, also. I wouldn't even go that high probably.

you can never have too much memory just like you can never have too much disk space or CPU computing power. It's just a matter of realizing what you really need and at what point that buying more memory or whatever is just pointless spending.

Even with Windows Vista and ALL of it's resource hogging applications and whatnot, 8GB is way too much. Save yourself the money and buy something else for your computer instead. 2GB is the standard and 4GB is the maximum you'll need.

You don't need anymore than 4gb absolute max at the moment. But if you bought 2x2Gb then you would have room to upgrade in the future.

depends on your budget, i reccomended 8Gb for some1 because they were having some great Quad extremem processor and had a really big budget,

if your gonna get a Q6600 4GB will be perfect but IMO

if your gonna a Quad extreme get 8GB if youve got the budget because it wont bottlekneck at all, where as 4GB would be very slightly bottleknecking a quad extreme,

but the general Q6600 4GB is perfect

I wouldn't say so, because my quad is at the same speeds as an extreme and when I upgraded from 2GB to 4GB, my 3DMark06 score didn't go up at all. So it obviously wasn't bottlenecking. So if 2gb is enough for most applications, then 4GB is going to be enough for all. 4GB of RAM won't hold back any processor available ATM.

Back
Top Bottom