sp1 confusion

esa193

Fully Optimized
ok theres been some confusion i want to clear up
ive seen a lot of posts where people are saying that service pack one for vista will allow 32bit os to use 4G of ram

"With SP1, Windows Vista will report the amount of system memory installed rather than report the amount of system memory available to the OS. Therefore 32-bit systems equipped with 4GB of RAM will report all 4GB in many places throughout the OS, such as the System Control Panel. However, this behavior is dependent on having a compatible BIOS, so not all users may notice this change."

all tho the os will report the amount of system ram
the os its self will not be able to use all 4G of ram because a 32bit os can not recognize more then 3.5G of ram
so any body wanting to utilize all 4G of ram at the same time will have to use the 64bit os of vista

http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...f706-401e-abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true

just wanted to clear up some confusion so if your going to be using 4G or more get the 64bit os

not really 4g of ram is the standard for a gaming pc right now
2g is the standard for multimedia and home usage pc

for now yes but crysis and upcoming games just love ram =P
plus when u got 12 other programs running at once it helps

yeah of course, crysis just eats it up. and if u have a quad core and 2gigs of RAM then u might wanna get more, cuz if i had a quad i know i'de have like itunes,internet explorer, photoshop,flash, AIM and more running at once. oooohh im nearly drooling

ram is dirt cheep dude
u can get 4G of ram for 60 bucks on newegg
i mean if you have to choose 4g and a 8600 or 2g and a 8800 deff the 2g
but with ram so cheep
4g is being the standard

well im not sure bout that,

coz i was always told although a 32 bit OS cannot see 4Gb it can still use 4Gb,

so therefore now the problem is all solved ?

Back
Top Bottom