SH**. My iPod Video went through the wash :(

J03

~~~~~~~~
Hey all. So, this morning, my mum went into my room and put my Jeans in the wash. In my pocket - was my iPod video :(. It went through the wash, and it's now bustted. I'm pretty pissed :(. I know it's my fault really, but yeah.

:(

That just plain sucks. But leave it out in the air for a few hours and maybe it will dry out and start working again. That has happened to a couple of my cell phones, and they started working again. :eek:

put it in the oven on reall really low. on like a paper towel... my dad did that with his phone when he dropped it in a bucket of water. and it worked again :O

leave it out! i've had a few friends which that has happened to and theres is fine now, give it some time, maybe you'll get lucky

Hey all. So, this morning, my mum went into my room and put my Jeans in the wash. In my pocket - was my iPod video :(. It went through the wash, and it's now bustted. I'm pretty pissed :(. I know it's my fault really, but yeah.

:(

Good chance it's gone, but like other people said try leaving it to dry for a few days.

I wouldn't have even thought of turning it on until I let it dry for a few days. Sounds like you need to be a little more careful with your expensive ipod, and tell your mom to check your pockets before she does the wash.

I wouldn't have even thought of turning it on until I let it dry for a few days. Sounds like you need to be a little more careful with your expensive ipod, and tell your mom to check your pockets before she does the wash.

Thing is - She think's it's her fault - but it's mine really. I dont want to tell her to look through my pockets next time, because that's a bit... What's the word. I dont want her to think it's HER fault. But i shall leave it to dry... Wish me luck :D.

Other Thoughts:

Since it has a hard drive, and it was a washing machine, wont it have had a fair amount of bashing going on? That cant be good for the HD Platter... Can it?

It's a small platter so it doesn't have much inertia. It might have done some damage but I don't think it would really be permanent. If it was the dryer on the other hand, then you're looking at problems, but you have even bigger problems than that in there - static.

I hope you haven't turned it on yet. My erm... special roommate did the same thing and immediately put it on the charger... DON'T do that. It made a buzzing noise.

Here's something you could try. Bury it in some uncooked rice and put it in a hot (warm, not scorching) environment. It will help evaporate and absorb the moisture.

Back
Top Bottom