Quotes from old people who are totally dumbfounded by computers

ROFL!!! These are classics,I Have one,but its not realted with computers.

You see,my dad fixes Applicances and white goods.So He goes around to a customers to look at there dishwasher:

Dad:So,Your dishwasher isnt working?
Customer:It just wont turn on!
So my dad goes over to it,and finds the power chord is not plugged in......Lol.

Yeah. A tech has to be a good listener. They need to hear where the customer is coming from so they can gage their responses to them, and give them as much relative information as possible. Although, if the customer is angry even as the phone is ringing, things will not get better.
My tech is ace,
ok.gif
I had one particularly complex problem, & instead of coming out to me & charging £20 for the first hour, he did it by remote from his shop five miles away, I sat there spellbound as he went like lightning around my screen, he had to go into safe mode twice before he got it right, it took him over half an hour working at top speed, as he finished he rang me to say that it was a "b*gger" & that I'd be OK now, I always use him, to be honest I just haven't got the expertise.

how did he go into safe mode while remote controlling your screen without disconnecting? that doesnt make sense

Maybe he is the 2nd Messiah?

I remember a while back my mom thought her internet kept crashing after a few minutes. Turns out she didn't know how to get programs to pop up again after they are minimized ._.

how did he go into safe mode while remote controlling your screen without disconnecting? that doesnt make sense
On a previous visit he had installed an icon on my screen, If I had a problem I would right-click on it, that would alert him at his repair shop, he'd ring me, then tell me to to shut down, & he'd investigate the problem remotely, that's all I know, but it works:)

On a previous visit he had installed an icon on my screen, If I had a problem I would right-click on it, that would alert him at his repair shop, he'd ring me, then tell me to to shut down, & he'd investigate the problem remotely, that's all I know, but it works:)

Next time you talk to him, you should ask him what software it is and PM me the title/link. I am planning on starting a business and something like that would be very useful, even maybe charge an hourly rate. ;) Let me know if you get the chance. :)

Next time you talk to him, you should ask him what software it is and PM me the title/link. I am planning on starting a business and something like that would be very useful, even maybe charge an hourly rate. ;) Let me know if you get the chance. :)
Of course I'll ask him for you, but it won't be yet a while, probably the week after next, is that OK?, um, do you live in England?, if you do I could give you the phone number & you could ask him yourself, I can't say if he'll tell me or you what the software is, but he's a nice guy & I'm sure he won't mind, I'll do my best mate:)

Of course I'll ask him for you, but it won't be yet a while, probably the week after next, is that OK?, um, do you live in England?, if you do I could give you the phone number & you could ask him yourself, I can't say if he'll tell me or you what the software is, but he's a nice guy & I'm sure he won't mind, I'll do my best mate:)

Thanks, and no, I live in America. I might do a couple of Google searches and see if I can't find something that way. :p But ask him anyway, he might have something I can't find. Thanks. :)

^ Me too i would like to no also

I remember a while back my mom thought her internet kept crashing after a few minutes. Turns out she didn't know how to get programs to pop up again after they are minimized ._.

Lol!

Back
Top Bottom