Pet Mouse.

Ok,Im Trying to get my parents let me havee a pet mouse,i said i would Look after it and pay for it,but they wont let me? I Mean,If i can run a small business im sure i can look after a pet mouse.

Any ideas on how i can show them i am responsible enough to look after a mouse?:D

Hmm I had a pet rat in 2005. tip: males smell more than females so I had a female, you can't tell the difference though, unless... haha. If you're ever gonna let it roam around the house you can get a plastic ball they make for that and the mouse just sits inside and rolls around in it as it walks.

Can't see why not aslong as you show em you've done your research and pay for all the equipment which isn't much. My poor rat only lived for about 3-4 months though I think, I left the cage outside and it became hot... :(

Hmm that's good that it worked! As for gender, it's really up to you, I'm not sure if the gender difference in smell is as different for mice than it is rats, you could probably just ask the staff at the pet store though.

Hmm well a mouse will be easier than a rat to keep but I only know of rats so keep that in mind but the info should still be accurate.

You can either use a glass or plastic aquarium or a steel cage. Glass can get hot and ammonia builds up faster than it would do in a steel cage which is what I used. You want a decent fitting roof for it too cause they can really jump and being a cage, it's easier to attach things like the water bottle and any toys but they climb on the walls pretty well so has to be able to keep em from escaping obviously.

You can fill the cage with either sawdust or cat litter, something like that just don't use something like a mesh floor, you can imagine them getting their feet stuck. Food-wise is basically just grains, they like sunflower seeds and maybe every now and then some vegetables, I put them in really tiny clay pot.

There's all sorts of things you can add to the cage if it's a decent size, I had a fake hollow log and it was winter at the time so I would drop in shredded tissues and my rat would make itself a bunker, I had that and a little mouse wheel.

You gotta get used to cleaning the cage too, like once a month I think you change all the cat litter floor. It may take a while for the mouse to get used to its new environment so just get it used to the sound of your voice, shouldn't be a problem, goodluck.

Back
Top Bottom